Thursday, March 8, 2012

Baby Sewing!

 My lovely stitching buddy Sandi has just become a Nana... 
I wanted to make a few small things for the baby, so I decided to google "baby shower presents" and I was pleasantly surprised how much inspiration there is out there!
 My little cupcakes were a lot of fun to make. The centres are little pairs of socks and around them are super soft baby facewashers.
 I found a lovely simple baby bib pattern HERE.(This site has loads of lovely free templates and super ideas) I used some cute fabric for the fronts, but you could also applique or embroider something on to a plain piece of fabric. The backing is lovely soft blue toweling fabric. One thing I did change in the pattern, is I sewed some velcro to the tabs instead of using clips. I think this will make them a little more adjustable, and easier to do up and take off. 
 I also made a little burp cloth (towel) out of the same fabrics.
 I had a lot of fun making these little, cute things for Sandi's new baby Grandson! My cousin is also due to have her first baby boy in a few weeks, so I'd better not stop making these just yet....
I am also working away on my first Friends in Stitching swap present for this year. It's a Bronwyn Hayes swap, but that's all I can reveal so far....
Nice to see the sun today and finally make a serious dent in my mountain of washing!
I hope you are all having a fabulous week!!!!

14 comments:

Noela said...

These are so cute Teresa. The new Mum will surely love getting your gift. I know what you mean about the washing. Have a great day. Hugs...

Melody said...

What a fantastic present. Everything is delightful. You are such a kind person.

Sandi said...

Hi Teresa, Elle absolutely loved your gifts, so much so that she doesn't want to undo the cupcakes to use them...She wants to keep them as is so she can admire them all the time...I have to laugh because while Elle was checking everything out, little Hudson decide to spit up all over Nanas shirt...the burp bib was in sight but not in use..lol oh well Nana has other shirts....thanks again..love them heaps.

marina said...

what gorgeous gifts! that is one lucky baby.

Vicki said...

What wonderful gifts, Teresa!

shez said...

lovely gifts there Teresa you are so clever and cant wait to see your Bronwyn Hayes project.xx

tillymint said...

Awwww.... how cute are these cupcakes!! I love how you tied them with ribbon and put them in a pretty box, what a fantastic gift. Thanks for the link to the bibs, lots of great projects on that site to try!

katrien said...

Very lovely presents you have maked.

Maree: said...

Fabulous Ideas they look Great..Well Done!!
cheers

Merilyn said...

I just love the cup-cakes! What a brilliant idea! The baby gifts are wonderful Teresa and very practical too, nicely done!!!!

Jantine said...

THose are cute, I really love the cupcakes, so funny!

Lynda said...

They are so sweet, Teresa.

Mistea said...

Very nice way to present the very essential but not so fun baby gifts.
Love your cupcakes.

Fiona @ Dragonfly-Crafts said...

I have a few friends having babies lately and these type of gifts would have been ideal :)