Monday, February 13, 2012

What Makes Me Happy 13.2.2012

 There are some very talented, artistic people out there. What's making me happy this week, is the gorgeous art work popping up on everyday things... Like this wonderful kangaroo on an electricity pole!
It turns plain, mundane things into beautiful works of art! And they're everywhere!!!
 Near where I live there are hundreds of electricity poles painted with all sorts of wonderful things, including butterflies!
My favourites, though, are the scenes that depict Australia and Australian animals. Just love this windmill with the sunset in the background,.
 This is a huge concrete tank that would normally be quite an eyesore, especially as it is quite close to the road. I think it's gorgeous, with it's lovely Australian scene, waterfalls, frogs, lizards, kangaroos and birds painted on it.


Even the local bus shelter has had a make over with koalas and pandas!
I'm sure lots of people drive past these gorgeous painted pieces every day and don't think twice about them... But I just love them and the fact that someone has painted such a gorgeous picture on them, really makes me smile...
What's making you happy today?
Have a great day!!!

13 comments:

Melody said...

The pictures on your blog are making me happy today, thank you.

Karen said...

That is delightful!
What a wonderful community!

Susan said...

They are great - especially the concrete tank and hoepfully it deters the grafitti artists as they do not like to mess up other people's work.

Vicki said...

They all look fantastic. What clever people and congrats to the initiators!! Sure beats graffiti everywhere

Marilyn said...

It is so nice to come across areas with those types of paintings isnt it. So unexpected, and then so wonderful to check out the next and then the next bit of artwork.
It was such a good initiative to brighten up the utilities in our towns.
Thanks for sharing those ones.

Deb said...

Teresa, I remember seeing those when Bill and I were over last year. What a shame I didn't realise you were so close, I should have thought to ask Julie.
We could have all caught up at the winery!

Lynda said...

They are wonderful Teresa. Our roadside electricity blues were painted a few years ago by A wide variety of artists. Much better than The boring metal.

manda said...

Oh wow they are all so great! I wish the council would allow that here. Up nth in T'Ville and Cairns all the electricity boxes are painted in tropical fish and animals!

KAYLEE said...

How delightful to drive past these regularly, they are so lovely Teresa and yes there are the most wonderful talented people out there.

Michelle Ridgway said...

I'm with you Teresa. I think they look great and we need to celebrate the wonderful things about where we live.....to late when they are gone. Lovely post and great pics.

Kathleen said...

What a wonderful idea. I might just get my paints out this spring and start working.

Mistea said...

How lovely to have such beautiful artwork in your neighbourhood.
Enjoy

Merilyn said...

I love this type of community artwork, so much nicer to see than ugly graffiti!!! I'm with you, love the Australian scenic paintings too, they did a great job on the large concrete tank!!!!