Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Tuesday Treasures

 
Today I'm joining in Melody's Tuesday Treasures, and being Valentines Day, I wanted to share my locket. 
My husband gave me this gold locket before the boys were born, so over 20 years ago. I have always loved lockets and he surprised me with this. Originally it had a lovely, delicate chain, but when the boys were little they pulled on my necklace quite a bit and the chain was constantly being broken. My husband then bought another chain for it, a much stronger one and each link is soldered. Since then I think I've broken it only once (or twice!).
I always wore it when the boys were little, but not as much these days. As you can see... it has some damage... that's Jack's teeth marks in it!!! When the boys were little and I was carrying them, they would quite often grab the necklace and put it in their mouths. On the back you can quite clearly see the shape of the teeth marks. It needs a bit of panel beating done to it... but I love it just the way it is!
Inside I originally had baby photos of the boys in it, but a few years later I replaced them with older photos. 
I love it and it was really nice to get it out again today and wear it.
I am off to see who else is playing along today. Thanks for hosting Tuesday Treasures again Melody!

15 comments:

Susan said...

My locket is almost identical - including the teeth marks. Thanks for the stroll down memory lane.

Fiona said...

very pretty and what a great story with it...
Hugz

Michelle Ridgway said...

A perfect treasure for today. I love that it has your babies teeth marks on it. I have always wanted a locket. The type that you wear long over a winter shirt. You know very Diane Keaton looking. LOL! Lovely post.

Sandi said...

I think your locket is beautiful especially with the teeth marks, they make it more special. PS: I can see ALL your posts...lol
PSS: chocolate chocolate chocolate
hehehehehehe

Sunnybec said...

What a beautiful story. It makes it even more special with the teeth mark. Hugs

shez said...

Teresa what a lovely story,each dent has a story,very precious.xx

Susan said...

Totally agree about the teeth marks - they make it more special.

Sheila said...

Great story and a great treasure , really love the teeth marks ;-)

Teresa Felgueiras said...

A beautiful locket and a great treasure ( three treasures to be exact).
Happy Valentine's Day.

Sheryl said...

Beautiful locket and story to match, I have two lockets but don't wear them for fear of the chain breaking, I had better go and invest in better quality chains for them so I can use them :)

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Now that is a real treasure....

Stacey said...

It's fun to see that so many of us all love lockets!

Thanks for sharing.

Melody said...

I always wore a locket with my boys photos when they were younger. Somehow I felt having them next to me would keep them safe.

Marilyn said...

What a beautiful locket. Those teeth marks make it priceless.

Merilyn said...

Those teeth marks are part of its charm Teresa! A well loved and used locket, a family treasure!!!!