Sunday, February 12, 2012

Sunday Sewing

 
 I love it on a Sunday when everything is done and I get a chance to do some sewing. 
This is a Faeries in My Garden pattern called Isabella's Journal. and is part of their Gift of the Month club.
 
 The pattern is a journal cover and bookmark. The fabric is gorgeous, with vintage writing and roses.
Inside the back cover there is a neat little pen holder.
 The open journal and bookmark.
 
 I also made a little tissue cover from this great tutorial . I liked this one as the corners are sewn to make it a more box shape and the tissues fit in better.
Of course I had a lot of help from my trusty sewing companion, Squeaky!
Who promptly fell asleep!!!
THIS is why everything I make is covered in cat hair!!!
 I also finished off some lavender sachets that I started at Christmas time!
 2 and 3 sachets, tied together with ribbon.
 I hope you've had a lovely Sunday as well.
We are just about to get a storm... lots of thunder and it's become very dark here in the house. 
I'm glad I've finished sewing and the machine is off. 
I hope this means it will start to cool off with some rain as it's been very hot here today.
I'm not complaining though....
This is the weather forecast where James is in Leeds, UK this week.....
Yesterday the screen had snow falling down upon it... So clever!!
Have a great week!

20 comments:

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Poor James....love all the projects you have been a busy girl Teresa...

shez said...

whow that journal is simply gorgeous and the matching tissue holder and i so love the lavender bags they look so cute,hope James took his scarf.xx

Cattinka said...

What a beautiful journal it is perfect for you.
And thanks for the link to the nice tutorial, I like the tissue holder.
Katrin W.

73mw said...

The journal cover fabric is really pretty and the lace trim is gorgeous. Super to have a little pen holder inside the journal too. That's a lovely jar of buttons you have and a very sweet cat :-)

The UK is freezing at the minute - poor James! He should be visiting us in the summer not the middle of winter. Hope he is loving it though x

Sweet Cinnamon Stitches said...

OMG.....-11!!...hubby thinks Tassie winters are cold...LOL!!! Your finishes are gorgeous!!
Cheers....Jane.

Cath said...

Hi Teresa,
love your achievements this Sunday. The Lavender bags have given me an idea...I love them! The storm wasn't too bad where we are but not sure if it cooled things down as I haven't ventured out of the AC yet. Still raining though.

Mistea said...

Lovely work - that journal is gorgeous and Squeaky was just checking for alternate uses and such a Pretty model!
Enjoy

helbel19 said...

OMG a GOM..... looks like some sort of code doesn't it ? Great projects. Maybe you should go and visit James cause you can sew more in the cold. lol

Helen

Susan said...

You sure have had a lovely Sunday - apart from the heat of course.

Tatkis said...

Charming cover and tissue box - fabric is gorgeous!
And sachets are lovely and Squeaky is soooo cute :))

Hugs,
Tatyana

Sunnybec said...

I can sympathise with James its - 11C here in France too. I worked in Leeds for 18 years, wonder if it has changed much. Your journal is gorgeous and I love your little lavender sachets. Hugs

tillymint said...

What a beautiful journal, I also love the tissue cover you made. Thanks for the link to the tutorial!

Sarah Lou said...

the cover looks amazing 0 you could not have picked more perfect fabric!!!

Lynny said...

loved your fabric choice for the journal cover, everything is so lovely, inspiring...hugs

helbel19 said...

How about joining us with the Christmas Fun wallhanging at Sarah's blog..... you do have that one .... I'm sure you do.

Helen

Melody said...

Oooh James is going to be very chilly. Fabulous sewing.

rozhearts said...

Just ever so beautiful you always seem to have the loveliest fabrics. The journal is gorgeous. I truely love everything that you create.
(((HUGS))) Roz.

KAYLEE said...

I see you have you computer problem fixed Teresa, good news. What was the problem? I love those gorgeous little lavender sachets, I love lavender, where do you buy it from I would love to make some of these little lovelies. Kaylee xx

Merilyn said...

I don't envy James all that cold weather LOL! Your journal cover is gorgeous, and I love those sachets too!!!!

Dianne said...

I love the journal you have made Teresa and thinking I might have to buy that pattern from Faeries. Very nice. Poor James, being a Brissy boy he will really be feeling the cold.