Saturday, February 11, 2012

My Favourite Things Quilt.

The girls in my Tuesday Stitching Group have decided to make Anni Downs gorgeous quilt "My Favorite Things". It's from Hatched and Patched's book "Some Kind of Wonderful".
I find making a quilt the same time as other friends are making theirs, great inspiration and motivation to get my own finished.
I also love all the applique blocks on this quilt and find they are truly MY favourite things as well.
So the decision to make this quilt (right now - even though I have other UFO's waiting to be finished) wasn't too difficult. Even though I do feel a little guilty about those UFO's ......
These are my first 4 blocks of the quilt.

So far, I think the "old blue jeans" block is my absolute favourite.. I live in my jeans through winter and mine are flared just like these ones (he he!!!) and mine are definitely "old".
I am only working on my blocks on a Tuesday, so it won't be quickly made, but it certainly will be made with lots of laughs and good company on my Tuesdays with the girls.
Hope you're having a great weekend!

18 comments:

Deb said...

That will be great fun and nice and easy to achieve Teresa, especially knowing that Tuesdays are the day you will o it.

helbel19 said...

Great to see your blocks coming alive.

Helen

Karen said...

These blocks look great. And it's lovely to have a group sharing the same interest.

marina said...

It will be lovely to work on it with friends.
I love your fussy cut tea cup. Very cute, your other blocks are great too!
Your other ufo's will be understanding I'm sure.

katrien said...

Love your blocks.
Have a nice weekend.

Susan said...

Sometimes its just too tempting when everybody else is doing "it" and you aren't. Love the blocks. And whats another UFO anyway???

73mw said...

These blocks are adorable and a quilt of favourite things is such a good idea.

Sandi said...

OMG I can see the photos, lol..they look fab, I love jeans in winter too...the older the better..I think my favorite is still the jeans block...by the way..I dont remember the tcup having a pattern on it..did you change it?

Lynda said...

Your needletur is beautiful Teresa. I love Anni's fabrics. I bought a few fat quarters whenI visited her shop.

Cattinka said...

The applique blocks are very pretty, and you are right the things they show are a lot of peoples favourite things. A good name for that quilt.
KATRIN W.

Marilyn said...

I am loving seeing all the favourite things blocks appearing on people's blogs. The blue jeans seem to always be my favourite of what I have seen - I think because of the shape and the fabric people use.
So pleased it is being sewn with lots of laughs, it really will be a wonderful quilt.

Tatkis said...

Those blocks are so lovely! The first one with teacup is my favourite :)

Hugs,
Tatyana

Mistea said...

Those old blue jeans look perfectly comfortable and your cup cakes good enough to eat.
Enjoy this Favourite project.

Merilyn said...

I love the whimsie of your cute applique blocks!!! This should end up being a very sweet quilt!!!!

Lounging with a Latte said...

Your blocks are gorgeous. I look forward to seeing them along the way. I'm sure it will look great once it's all stitched together.

Dianne said...

You are right Teresa, it is wonderful to be stitching with friends, enjoying the company and inspiring and motivating each other. Your blocks are gorgeous and you have nailed the needle turn applique girl.

Melody said...

Love your fabric choices, such pretty blocks.

KAYLEE said...

Gorgeous blocks Teresa, I also am partial to the Blue Jeans one, looking forward to seeing the completed block. Kaylee xx