Saturday, February 18, 2012

Friday Night Sew-In

 
 Last night is the first time I joined in the Friday Night Sew-In.
I must admit I was a little ambitious with what I thought I might get made, but I am very happy with the result. 
I bought this pattern and fabric for a sewing machine cover just this week. It is by Cheryl Goss of Willowberry Designs and it's called "Sewing Companions". It also has a mat and pincushion in the pattern.  I have needed a cover for my machine for a while now and I'm so glad I have it almost completed.
 The fabrics are from the gorgeous Patisserie range and I am so happy with the way they all go together. The cover has beading and ruffles, and on the back there are 2 rows with peepers. I still have to sew tiny little flowers along the second bottom row, with little seed beads in the centre of them. There is also a little embroidered cameo monogram that hangs off the front cover which I still have to make, and of course I didn't get around to the machine mat... but there was more work in the machine cover than I thought.
 On the side there is quilted pocket which also needs some little flowers attached to it.. But that won't take me too long to finish.
Thanks so much to Heidi and Bobbi for hosting the FNSI.... it was just the nudge I needed to get this cover made.. Thank you!
Have a great weekend!

26 comments:

Cath said...

gorgeous pattern and fabrics. I must try and find that pattern, i love it that much. congrats on completing it.

shez said...

Well done Teresa, a great first time doing FNSI and your machine cover is gorgeous,i must also check this pattern out,love the fabric also.xx

marina said...

beautiful cover! the fabrics make it so fancy, it really is lovely.

Fiona said...

It looks lovely Teresa. I adore Patissirie - I managed to get a 1/2 Yard bundle late last year from the US - It is such a gorgeous range. Hugs - Fee XX

Noela said...

I was going to join the FNSI when I read about it on Shiree's blog but after a busy week thought I might be best to wait until next month. I still have patisserie in my stash, it is lovely in your machine cover.
Hope to catch up soon. Hugs xx.

Sandi said...

OMG You only got that kit the other day and it is beautiful, I wish you would lend my some of your mojo cause I think I have miss place mine...mmm where did you say you find yours..lol

Deb said...

Teresa you have made a beautiful job of your machine cover. I love Cheryl's patterns. When you have your mat mae everything will look very flash in your sewing room.

Susan said...

Sew pretty Teresa. It is encouraging to join in this sort of thing isnt it?

Fiona said...

That is such a pretty cover and you got lots of it done.... a machine cover is on my list of one day to make...
Hugz

retdairyqueen said...

So pretty

Cattinka said...

You accomplished a lot for just one evening. The cover looks nice and it really was lots of work with all the details it hat. Hop you will show it again when you have all the bits finished that are still missing.
KATRIN W.

Sunnybec said...

Oh I love that! Love the fabrics, you did a lot in one evening!

Joy said...

Love the sewing machine cover!! Cheryl's designs are so gawjus and your fabrics are just perfick!! Another Feb finish for you :o).
Love n hugs,
Joy :o)

Sheryl said...

Nice job on your machine cover... every machine needs a special cover, pretty fabrics you have used....

katrien said...

So lovely.
Have a nice weekend.

Sweet Cinnamon Stitches said...

They turned out beautifully Teresa....a very productive FNSI...well done!!
Cheers....Jane.

Lynda said...

Beautiful Teresa and you can't beat Patisserie fabrics.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Love it Teresa...you machine now has a lovely dress...

helbel19 said...

Very nice, I might have to add that one to my longgggg list for this year.... well done.

Helen

Susan said...

I love your cover. I, also, made a sewing machine cover for last night's FNSI.
Susan
@ www.sewmanythingstosay.blogspot.com

Maree: said...

What a Gorgeous Cover I love the pocket on the side will be so handy...well done.
cheers

*karendianne. said...

Oh my but this is so pretty!!!

KAYLEE said...

Gorgeous Teresa and WOW you got a lot done in one night, good work.

Mistea said...

She sure looks gorgeous all dress up.
Way to go for FNSI.
Enjoy your week.

sunny said...

It's beautiful! My poor machine is naked, but Ithink you've just inspired me to make a cover.

Bec said...

Gorgeous sewing machine cover, so pretty!