Thursday, February 23, 2012

February Finishes

 This month I've found my mojo and managed to get a few things finished. This little thread catcher is something I saw on Tillymints blog which led to a great little tutorial for it HERE. I found some lovely little antique buttons to finish it off. 
 I also made 3 more journal covers. I loved the first one so much I decided to keep going and make a few more. This one is in the French Journal Collection and is Belle Rose.
 Two more in Rouenneries fabric by French General with lovely old buttons on the front.
 So I have a total of four lovely journals now, and I think they will make nice gifts for friends this year.
 I love that each journal has a place inside for a pen too.
 I was thinking they might make a nice give away... I have an anniversary coming up.....
 I have also finished my sewing machine cover and mat. I am really happy with the mat. It's the perfect size for my machine and has a great little pocket at the front.
 It's a great holder for your scissors.
 The pocket on the end is also perfect for the electricity chord and is now finished off with it's little satin flowers.

 
 The front is finished off with it's little satin flowers and seed beeds....
 ....and on the top there is now a handle for easy lifting...
 The last thing I've made is a couple of tissue holders... These were for a bit of fun when I went to the soppy Chick Flick last weekend.... But the fabrics (Patisserie) make them look so lovely.
I am celebrating an anniversary tomorrow and as I haven't had a give away before, I am thinking it's high time I did... 
Hope you have a lovely day!

24 comments:

Michelle Ridgway said...

Everything is just so beautiful Teresa. I love the mat for under the sewing machine with the pocket for your scissors...just great.

shez said...

Teresa what beautiful projects you have made you really have been very busy,well done.xx

Sandi said...

You know what I'm gonna say - chocolate, chocolate, chocolate - no thats not it...lol
You have done a great job and I love the pockets and the little pink flowers are beautiful.. I love all of them - the tissue holder looks familiar..lol - I love mine...thanks again.

Vicki said...

I really like your sewing companions there, Teresa. Well done :)

Fiona said...

There is lot's of eye candy there Teresa - Just love it all.

Hugs - Fee X

marina said...

You have definitely found your mojo this month! Lovely finishes to give you a great stash of gifts. Love your sewing mat. Great idea to make it to a point. Clever you.

Cattinka said...

You really have a go, you created so many beautiful things. The machine cover looks very nice with the beeds on it now and the mat matches so perfectly.
KATRIN W.

Marilyn said...

Your journal covers are so beautiful, Teresa. The machine cover and mat are beautiful, love all your little finishes on them.
Happy Anniversary for tomorrow.
Enjoy. xx

katrien said...

OOO, love your projects.

Jantine said...

Lovely finishes, not sure which I like best, they are all great!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

What a fantastic display of finishes Teresa...they are all just gorgeous...

Mistea said...

Guess that new cover gave the sewing machine somewhere to hatch a plan. Beautiful work - Lovely journals and the tissue covers are perfect.
Thanks for sharing.

Jan said...

Oh you've been such a busy girl, T, unlike moi - you make such lovely things.

tillymint said...

Everything is so lovely Teresa.. gorgeous fabrics and so beautifully finished off. I love your sewing machine cover and the mat with pocket is such a neat idea.

Karen said...

Wow, you have been busy. Gorgeous fabric in the thread catcher, and I love the idea for the mat for your machine.

Tatkis said...

Wow, you've been busy! Adorable sewing machine cover and mate (fabrics are so cute!) and journal covers are lovely!

Hugs,
Tatyana

Denise said...

Wow, you have completed some beautiful projects. I am especially fond of the sewing mat. May I ask where you got the pattern? I'd love to try my hand at making one. Happy sewing!

Fiona said...

You have been busy... lots of lovely finishes there.... glad to see mojo again?
Hugz

KAYLEE said...

The sewing machine cover is so lovely Teresa. The journal covers are gorgeous. You certaily have been busy, congrats. Cheers Kaylee

Nicole said...

Wow! Very pretty stuff!

Melody said...

Beautiful work. Everything is lovely and I especially love your sewing machine cover and mat.

Dianne said...

Gee you certainly have got the mojo going Teresa. The journals are so beautiful - you have lovely fabric choices there. Also the sewing machine cover and mat are so very pretty. Good for you. Di.

retdairyqueen said...

You make such lovely things

Merilyn said...

You have created some beautiful items there Teresa, just gorgeous!!!! Your journal covers are so sweet! I've been wanting to make a few sewing machine covers myself but just never got round to it! You have decorated yours so beautifully!!!
You certainly have your mojo in full swing, wish mine would come back, it's been away for a while now!!!