Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Tuesday Treasures

Tuesday Treasures with Melody.
My treasures today are something I see and use every day.
My enamelware...
I have got quite a few pieces of enamelware and they range from bowls, plates, pots, and teapots to casserole dishes. Some of them are quite old and some of them look like they've never been used.
But the best part of these treasures.....
They all belonged to my Nanna.
Now I am looking after them... using them... cooking with them... and loving them!!
Every time I use them I think of my Nanna and all the wonderful memories I have of her.
Thanks for letting us share our treasures today Melody...

10 comments:

Sunnybec said...

My Mum use to have a dish like that, she use to make meat and potato pies in them....gosh I can still taste those pies!! x

Melody said...

What a fabulous treasure and how wonderful they are still being used. I'm sure your nanna would be thrilled.

shez said...

whow what special memories you have there Teresa,your nana will be thrilled to bits that you are using them,lovely treasures Teresa.xx

Merilyn said...

I love enamel ware too!!! It reminds me of cooking classes in High School, pie dishes etc! I think your Nanna would be very pleased to see the things she used and treasured being lovingly used by you too!!!!

KAYLEE said...

That enamelware just lasts forever...

Michelle Ridgway said...

I love enamel ware too. How great to have a daily reminder of your Nan. Sometimes the simplest things are the best treasure.

Fiona said...

Awesome... I wish I had kept my Grannies and my mums.... they were perfect for everything...
Hugz

Shannon@Cozy Home Scenes said...

I like your enamel ware because it is pretty and useful but also because it seems like a healthier type of cook ware. I own pots and pans with nonstick surfaces but have never felt safe using them. My grandmother used enamel ware.
I host a party called "Your Cozy Home Party" and would love to have you show your enamel ware so others can enjoy seeing it and bring back their own memories. Please join us if it's convenient for you each Tuesday through Thursday night. -------- Shannon

BronwynB said...

I just love your enamelware. When I bought some at a second hand shop my DH thought I was nuts! haha.

Vicki ♥ said...

Lots of lovely treasures :) I have a few but not as many as you do Teresa :) Love them!! Hugs Vicki x