Thursday, January 26, 2012

Today is Australila Day!

Happy Australia Day!
I hope you are having a ripper of a day!
These are just a few images of Aussie things around me that I love...
Kookaburras sitting on the Hills Hoist...Vegemite.... and they even changed their label to celebrate Australia Day!Lamingtons....mmmmmm......
This cross stitch sampler I made years ago in 2001. I loved it the first time I saw it, and when I discovered it had all lovely giggle buttons in it to finish it off.. I just knew I had to make it!
I hope you are all having a wonderful day... whatever you are doing...
I am making cheese today, hoping to make a bag for my cousin....
Oh and washing, washing, washing... now that the rain has stopped and the sun has come out!
Aussie, Aussie, Aussie!
Oi! Oi! Oi!
Have a good one!


(Edit) I was lucky enough to have the night off from work as it was Australia Day and was able to watch the tennis all day and all night!!!! Bliss!!!! Last nights game between Rafa and Roger was amazing... although I was going for Federer... you can't begrudge the game going to Nadal as he played so well. What an awesome match.. I love watching these two play and I hope I get to see them live next January in Melbourne.
It was a very Happy Australia Day!

11 comments:

shez said...

have a great Australia day Teresa and i hope you get everything that you want done,done.xx

Sue said...

Happy Australia Day, Teresa. I hope it is a ripper!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Happy Aussie Day...xx

marina said...

Is hanging out washing an official Australia day activity cause I have been hanging out loads too!
Love the cross stitch, very cute!

sunny said...

Happy Australia Day! And what exactly IS Vegemite??

katrien said...

Have a nice day.

Michelle Ridgway said...

I love Kooka on the Hills Hoist and your cross stitch is lovely too. Happy Australia Day Teresa.

retdairyqueen said...

Love the Aussie photos
Hope you had a great Aussie day

Merilyn said...

Love the cross-stitch sampler!! Hope you had a great day!!! I had to work on Australia Day, but we made the most of it anyway!
We're battling flood waters down here, had to go around the long way to get to work yesterday, and it's not over yet!!!!

Anita said...

Hi Teresa,
I hope had a great Australia Day. As for the tennis, I just love Roger & Nadal playing tennis.....I get gawkers eyes from gawking at the two of them. I never mind which one of those guys wins, it's always entertaining. lol
Regards, Anita.

Melody said...

Happy Australia Day to you too.