Friday, January 13, 2012

Look Out London and Some Dear Jane Sewing..

Well James has arrived safely in London after leaving last Wednesday night. It was hard to see him go... but also exciting, knowing he is going to have an amazing time.Getting to the airport early, as you have to.... meant we had some time to share, some dinner and plenty of time to muck up for the camera.....
"Brotherly Love"
he he... I love this photo.
I have already spoken to James, yesterday while he waited in Singapore for his connecting flight...
and today in London when he arrived.
We are so lucky these days with the ease of communication that we have.
I have also managed today to add to my Dear Jane blocks.
This quilt is definitely going to be a "slowly but surely" quilt!!!
3 nice, easy quick blocks with minimal piecing and some applique.
Hope you are managing to get some sewing done today too! It's been so hot here lately, but today is a little cooler... thank goodness.... which makes it a bit easier and more comfortable to sew.
Have a great weekend!

16 comments:

marina said...

He is off on another adventure!
Your blocks look beautiful.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

So pleased your baby has arrived safely....love the blocks..

Vicki said...

My Chris also lives in London and now he's engaged to a gorgeous Londoner - lucky we love to travel :)When I see you in a fortnight, just under, remind me to give you his number and he and James might get the chance to catch up if they are anywhere close. Good to see you've got some sewing done - I haven't done anything more than move mine from one spot to another today :(

Cardygirl said...

Hope he has a great trip...your blocks are looking good.

Sunnybec said...

He will have a great time in London! I only ever visited for work but managed to see quite a lot just the same. Never did like the underground though!! Hugs x

katrien said...

Hope he will be have a good time in Londen.
OH you are making the DJ.Love your blocks.

Fiona said...

All the best to James in mud island... so fun - how long will he be there for?
Love your blocks.... it's nice to have a slowly but surely project in the cupboard...
Hugz

Michelle Ridgway said...

Bon Voyage James. I didn't realise he was going so soon. He will have a ball. I love your 'Jane' blocks. It has always intrigued me...Dear Jane.

Sarah Lou said...

Love the dear Janes. London stole my sister as well. Dont let him get married to a londerner- then they never come home...........

Though, He will a blast over there.

Susan said...

I'm sure he will have a great time - but perhaps the weather will drive him home!! Love your blocks - what a project that is - think I better keep well away from Miss Jane (mind you I do ahev Sylvias Bridal Smapler book - that is nearly as nad.)

Marilyn said...

I am sure James will lap up the adventure of studying in UK and 6 months will pass in a flash. My niece has been studying over there for some years now, and loves it.
Your DJ blocks look good. Mine hasnt progressed too well at all lately, but it will happen.

Merilyn said...

At least you know he arrived safely in London! I'm sure he'll have the time of his life Teresa!
Your DJ's are looking good! That is something I'm definitely going to start this year!!!

shirley said...

I am sure your baby will have a wonderful time and will form memories he will have forever.

When my son was 21 he went to london, and now I have him home with his lovely london wife....I dont think I slept much for the first 5 years though.

Melody said...

The photo of your boys is a classic. Lovely blocks too.

KAYLEE said...

How long is james in London for Teresa?

Dianne said...

Good luck to James. He will have the time of his life. Slow quilting is like slow cooking - right? It will be delicious in the end:-)