Friday, December 16, 2011

Belated Tuesday Treasures and a Happy Birthday!

I wanted to join in with Melody and her Tuesday Treasures this week, but unfortunately I've had no internet since Tueday and we've just got it back on today..... so I'm a bit late!
My treasures this week are the gorgeous Christmas cards my brother makes and sends to us every year. Each card, each year, is of a photograph he has taken of somewhere he has visited that year. From Cradle Mountain in Tasmania, Uluru in the Northern Territory, to Thailand, Cambodia, Malaysia and New York. They are the most beautiful cards.
This years Christmas card is no exception and, I think, perfect!
Cristo Redentor in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
Just beautiful.
I also wanted to share that it was my wonderful friend and fellow blogger, Helen's, birthday this week. We had a lovely day at stitching with Birthday cake, chocolate biscuits and baklava... all non fattening of course! Happy Birthday Helen... and this post should also have been done last Tuesday and is a bit late... computers!!!!!
Hope you are all ready for Christmas and enjoying the lead up to the most wonderful, crazy, chaotic day of the year!!!!

5 comments:

shez said...

Teresa those cards are stunning,what a lovely idea of your brothers,and happy birthday Helen,yummy that cake looks good.

helbel19 said...

Great cards Teresa.

I hope I'm not a treasure that needs burying. lol

Helen

Michelle Ridgway said...

There is certainly wonderful creative genes in your family Teresa. Those cards are gorgeous and real keepsakes of your brother's travels too. Glad you celebrated Helen's birthday in style. No internet that's sucky.

Merilyn said...

What lovely cards Teresa! I always think handmade cards are much more meaningful that commercial ones, (although they do have their place)!

Melody said...

Fabulous cards and a very very happy birthday to Helen