Monday, November 7, 2011

What Makes Me Happy 7/11/2011

There are lots of simple, little things that as soon as I see them... they make me smile and make me happy. Do you have things like that? As soon as you see them, they evoke a memory that just makes you happy inside and all over.
For me it's Snoopy. When I was a lot younger I would read the Peanuts books and comic strips, over and over again. Snoopy and Charlie, and Woodstock and the whole Peanuts gang. I loved them... those books would literally make me laugh out loud. Now I only have to see a picture of Snoopy and it makes me smile. and Jacaranda trees....
I love them.. every October/November these gorgeous purple trees bloom and you're aware of them all over Brisbane and the suburbs.Everywhere you look there are splashes of purple. So pretty! I get lots of wonderful mail from my Mum, from all over Australia. She has started sending me fabulous quotes she finds and I am putting them into a journal to keep. They are inspirational and these lovely little pieces of paper from my Mum, always make me happy.
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away."- Author unknown.

These wonderful Shabby Chic books by Rachel Ashwell always make me happy. I just love them and can spend hours leafing through the pages and pages of glorious photos. I would love to be able to just fall into those pages.
The thoroughly wonderful art of Emily Falconbridge also makes me happy. Her pictures are always bright, and happy and I could look at them forever.
It's lovely to have these simple, happy things around me. Everywhere I look I can see something that makes me happy.... in fact I'm surrounded by them...As I sit here in front of the computer I can see this wonderful artwork as well.
I have kept lots of the boys art from when they were in Primary school.
This piece definitely makes me happy and I can see it every time I sit at the computer.Oh what have I started.... Now I'm looking around me and I can see so many things that make me happy... it's easy if you keep treasured things and things you love everywhere.
This notice board is above the computer and its filled with so many lovely memories and mementos. Photos of the kids, postcards from friends all over the world, a letter from James titled "So Hey Thanks", "I love you" notes and drawings from Jack, a picture of the bathroom I would love to have, one day, Paris trinkets and souvenirs, a picture of the Eiffel Tower from the newspaper, quotes and a goals list.

“Being happy doesn’t mean that everything is perfect. It means you’ve decided to look beyond the imperfections.” -Unknown

What's making you happy today? I hope you find something that makes you truly happy and makes you smile for the rest of the day!
Happy Monday to you!!!

17 comments:

Sarah Lou said...

I love reading these sorts of posts of yours! Im glad you have sp many things that make you happy!

Fiona said...

what a lovely post... makes me happy just reading it...
Hugz

retdairyqueen said...

The jacaranda trees are beutiful
Love the quotes Lovely idea to put them in a journal

shez said...

how wonderful are those trees Teresa and i love and have Rachel Ashwells book as well.

Mum said...

Beautiful post, the Jacarandas around Goondiwindi & Moree are beautiful this time of year too, just love them. Have another quote, but will also send it for your Journal. Love you Mum.

LIFE MAY NOT BE THE PARTY WE HOPED FOR...BUT WHILE WE ARE HERE WE MIGHT AS WELL DANCE.

Susan said...

Teresa - so many "happy" making things - but absolutely ditto on the jacarandas and I think they are even better this year - maybe the rain at the start of the year?? Luckliy for me - since I am not allowed one in the garden (too messy says the husband) there are 2 acros the road in the park - Just love them 9and the colour).

Vintage Cate said...

Teresa your "happy" post makes me happy too. We are so blessed to have family, friends and craft that we love. What makes me especially happy today is that my son turned 35 yesterday and his darling fiancee gave him a beautiful surprise party - they are so happy together, which makes Mum happy too!! Thank you for your lovely post. Have a wonderful week.

marina said...

a very happy post! I used to love peanuts too. I remember walking to the library to borrow them again and again.
I would love drawing snoopy in different poses- loved him at the piano.

katrien said...

What a lovely trees.I love to read what makes you happy.
Have a nice time.

Chookyblue...... said...

I just love the jacaranda....always gorgeous at this time of the year........so much colour..........

Karen said...

I just love seeing all the jacaranda trees. Beautiful.
Perfect saying at the end of the post, too.

Bev C said...

Jacarandah's are my favourite tree, they should be in bloom in about a week here. Happy days.
Bev.xoxo

sunny said...

What a happy post! I'm so glad ou decided to share our happiness today - I needed it!

Michelle Ridgway said...

Ditto & more Ditto...is that allowed??? A beautiful post Teresa and it is true Happiness is a choice and your choice is obvious and aren't we glad as it brightens our days as well. Luvverly!!!

Dianne said...

Teresa, your "what makes me happy" posts always make me happy too. You are right, we can choose to be happy and I love all the thought provoking quotes too. Bless your Mum. Di.

Merilyn said...

Lovely post Teresa!!! I love the Jacaranda's too, I have one in full bloom at the bottom of my garden!!!

Rebecka said...

Hi Teresa-
What a fun post. I always love to see what you are up to! I love the artwork you posted from Emily Falconbridge. And, those purple trees are so beautiful. Thanks for sharing! Our trees have lost their leaves and we are getting ready for the snow!