Monday, November 28, 2011

What Makes Me Happy 28/11/2011

Making me happy this week is this little parcel of goodness.
I found a wonderful blog called We Like to Make Stuff and from there I found Lea's other blog Little Bits of Pretty where she sells lots of lovely vintage bits and pieces...
What I especially love is that all money raised from the sale of Little Bits of Pretty is donated to the Childrens Hospital at Westmead.
My lovely little parcel turned up and it was wrapped beautifully in old tissue paper dressmaking patterns.
Inside was all my lovely purchases wrapped and presented so beautifully, I didn't want to open any of it (almost!!!)
I bought some lovely vintage buttons and trims, some gorgeous labels and gift tags and some vintage sheeting.
It was such a pleasure just opening and looking at all the beautifully wrapped pieces and throughout the whole bag were beautiful little paper butterflies.
I can't tell you how much I enjoyed opening it all! It was a lot of fun and really made me smile!
Thanks so much Lea.. I just love my Little Bits of Pretty.... sooo much!

Nothing has been wasted... my Squeaky just loved that tissue paper wrapping and slept in it for the rest of the day!!!
What makes you happy?
I hope you can find something (or someone) who makes you happy and puts a smile on your face today.
Happy Monday!

11 comments:

Rebecka said...

Hi Teresa-
What a pretty package. And, great goodies!! I love your cat and the black spots on Squeaky's back.

shez said...

Teresa what a beautiful parcel to receive,lol at sqeaky very funny

Roseanne said...

Wow they all look beautiful some nice project coming up with them all.

Fiona said...

Lovely goodies... how nice to have it all wrapped up so fun too.... have a great week....
Hugz

Michelle Ridgway said...

Yummy parcel inside and out. The tags would be my favourite...surprise! surprise! Just lovely.

Vicki said...

I had to look twice, Teresa - I'm sure the sheeting is the same as we used to have on our beds when we were kids!!!

Bev C said...

Hello Teresa,

I have to agree with Vicki I am sure we had those sheets as well. Whats old is new again. Enjoy the goodies.
happy Monday.
Bev.xoxo

rosie said...

Hi Teresa, I have heard of this website... glad that you could find some lovely treasures.. What a great cause..

Marilyn said...

That is a wonderful parcel of treasures, Teresa. And good to know Squeaky didnt miss out. The antics of our cats have to make us happy.

Susan said...

Almost like Christmas to get a lovely package like that!

Merilyn said...

What a lovely collection of bits 'n pieces!!! Thanks for the links, I will check in now and again!!! I love little treasures like that, good find Teresa!!!!