Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Tuesday Treasures

Today for my Tuesday Treasures with Melody I am sharing my baby books.
When my sons were born I kept 2 Baby books for each of them... one that has lots of written information and one that holds lots of photos. I also have kept a memento of each of their first birthdays. Inside is all the information on their birth... first photos, hospital bracelets, hospital records, the tape measures they used to find their length when they were born. This one has newspaper clippings announcing their births, their belly button clamps, curls from their first haircuts and little, tiny prints of their feet.The books are full of photos... with their Dad and their Mum, within hours of their birth, their first baths and getting weighed.
Their first steps captured forever....
Their first birthdays, and all their milestones forever remembered.
These are true treasures of mine and are very, very special.
Over the years the boys have got their books out, time and time again. They've gone through all the pages, information, stories, cards, mementos and photos and I think they enjoy the books as much as I do.
I'm off to sit down and go through these books again... It's hard to believe my babies are all grown up and the time has flown by so fast.... These books are a wonderful reminder of when they were little.
Thanks so much for hosting Tuesday Treasures again today Melody!
Happy Tuesday everyone!

* * *
I will be back tomorrow to show you some photos of my Melbourne Cup party today...
I hope you all had a wonderful day!

14 comments:

shez said...

how wonderful it will great to compare things when the boys have their own kiddies

De said...

beautiful memories.......hope you had a great Melbourne cup party and a win - I didnt have a win - but have had a good day.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

No words for these treasures Teresa,,,

Cattinka said...

I have a book like this from my boys, and I think I will get it out to have a look now.
KATRIN W.

Wee Little Birds said...

What beautiful memories. Hope you have a win at the Cup

Melody said...

You have done such a brilliant job with these books of memories. They are very special indeed.

rosie said...

I wish I had done the same for my children Teresa... these are truly treasures...

katrien said...

Nice these babybooks.
I have them also of my children.
HAve a nice time.

Kathleen said...

Great treasures to have for your family. I loved your vintage set for the Cup. I hope you had a great time.

Sheila said...

What a wonderful record you have kept of your boys births and the early years , very special indeed .

Vintage Cate said...

What beautiful Treasures Teresa. It is so good to have all those milestones documented, because , over time, you forget the exact circumstances and dates. It is lovely to be able to look back on all those mementos.

rozhearts said...

You certainly have some wonderful treasures. These little books will be a treasured memory for your boys one day and how special that will be. Just wonderful.
(((HUGS))) Roz.

Tatkis said...

Ooooh, they are so sweet! The real treasures of family! Great idea, Teresa!

Hugs,
Tatyana

Merilyn said...

Beautiful momentos Teresa!!! Thanks for sharing them, you did a wonderful job of putting them together!!!