Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Melbourne Cup Fun

Yesterday was the day of our famous Mebourne Cup Race. This year I went along to a function held at our local Cafe. They held a High Tea, with a fashion parade, raffles and sweeps and of course the big race in the afternoon.
The Cafe looked wonderful, the tables beautifully decorated with pretty cups and saucers, gorgeous silverware, little pink hat biscuits and balloons. The food was amazing. This little cafe does a delicious High Tea and they didn't disappoint.These little mango tarts with little mango roses on top... were divine!
The company was fabulous, and the day was full of laughs!
And this is me... I'm having a ball...
I had 2 horses in the sweeps for my mum and 2 for myself... but we didn't win...
BUT the Cafe raised $1,020 for the Cancer Council... Awesome!!!
Have a great day!

19 comments:

Sandi said...

Love the T-sets, makes me feel like getting mine out of the cupboard and using them...The food looks delicious...might have to join u next year...lol maybe I could hide in yr bag...ok a big bag...

Lynda said...

What a beautiful cafe and you look beautiful too. Lovely way to spend the day.

Vicki said...

Looks wonderful and what a great idea to raise money for the Cancer Council as well :)

shez said...

whow Teresa what a lovely setup in the cafe and so glad you all had a bit of fun and raised money at the same time.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

You look gorgeosu glad you had a great day...

Vintage Cate said...

What a beautiful venue and high tea Teresa. The treats looked so yummy!! Everyone had such lovely outfits and looked like they were having a fun time, plus raising money for such a worthwhile cause.

Jeni said...

Teresa look like you also had a grand time

De said...

Beautiful idea for a fun day.

marina said...

What a great day!
All dressed up with a lovely place to go to.

Susan said...

How very glamorous and elegant everything looks - particulatlu love that pansy teapot and sugar bowl (or jug- not sure)

Noela said...

Glad you had a nice day. I went to the races at Eagle Farm with my boys and daughter-in-law. A pre 40 birthday celebration for my second son Todd. Had a great day but have very sore feet today. Only picked a third in one race and none in the big race. A couple of friends had the winner, should have listened when they told me to back it.

Tatkis said...

You looks great! And there are so many interesting events in Brisbane ;)

Hugs,
Tatyana

Janice said...

What a wonderful way to spend the day. You all looked fantastic, as did the cafe.

Cathy said...

What a great way to spend the day. You have reminded me I need to 'snailmail' my friend to see if her horse came in. She loves to travel but tries to get down for the race every year! you have some lovely vintage finds. thank you for blogging.

Melody said...

Looks like a wonderful time was had by all.

Merilyn said...

Love the red/white tiled floor in the Cafe!!! Glad you all had a wonderful day!!!!

Kiwifruit-Shiree said...

sounds like a fab outing!!

Catherine said...

It sounds like a great way to spend Melbourne Cup day and high tea is one of my favourite things to do. Sorry you didn't win:(

Mum said...

Everything looks beautiful, & so do you. Wish I could have been there with you. Love you so much. Mum