Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Finishes, Swaps and Decorations

I have been working on lots of secret presents lately and I haven't been able to show much of what I have been sewing and stitching.....
Now that my friend Virginia (no blog....but she should have!!!) has opened her birthday present... I can show you the finished Friendship Stitchery I made for her.
This is a Natalie Bird pattern with Theodora Cleave wooden buttons.
It was lovely to stitch and I love the frame that finishes it off!
I forgot to photograph my other swap parcels that I've already sent off...
but this is one that is being sent tomorrow....
With a hand made card...wonder where it's going???I have also been in a Christmas Ornament swap with my blogging group Friends in Stitching. This is what I sent to my partner Kerri........with another hand made Christmas card.This is the gorgeous ornament my partner Sarah sent to me.
I just love it... and there's another Theadora Cleave button!! - they're so cute!
Thanks so much Sarah xx
I've also been making these cute little ribbon Christmas tree decorations.
I found the easy-to-follow tutorial on Annette's blog "Sunshine Yellow"...
They are so lovely and easy to make.....
Actually if I hadn't run out of beads, I would have made more!!!! I must get some pearls like Annette used.
So nice to be able to show you some finishes!!!
Hope you're having a great week!

20 comments:

Sandi said...

Love the little ribbon trees, they look so cute, and your stitchery - I hope mine looks as good as yours does when I'm finished. Can't wait to see your swapsies when u get them...cya

katrien said...

OOO , you maked such a lovely things.
HAve a nice time.

Mistea said...

Gorgeous projects given and received.
Those buttons are amazing.
Cute stocking.

De said...

Gorgeous work all round Teresa!

Cattinka said...

You are getting ready for the christmas season, and you made some lovely gifts!
I hope you will receive nice things in all the swaps you participate.
KATRIN W.

EL RINCON DE CHELO said...

Que bonitos detalles, besos

Mary said...

What a lot of lovlies! All so very pretty.

Jantine said...

Mmm where to start? Love the ribbon trees, so easy and so cute. Lucky friend whom you stitched this lovely sampler!

marina said...

gorgeous stitchery and Christmas stocking. Just beautiful!!
Your little ornaments are so sweet too.
Lovely photo of your boys in your previous post. Where do the years go?

Merilyn said...

You did a great job with the stitchery, it looks fabulous!!! I'm sure it'll be treasured by your friend!! Love the little Christmas decorations too, so cute!!!

Michelle Ridgway said...

Such a sweet stitchery Teresa and you stitched so beautifully. Lucky Virginia. Looks like the 'elf dust' has hit you too.

shez said...

Oh Teresa that stitchery is just so beautiful and the frame does match it perfectly,lucky friend,and your xmas trees are so cute

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

The stitchery in the frame is just beautiful Tresea..you have been busy, everything looks fantastic.

Karen said...

Your stitchery in the frame is wonderful. What a special gift.
Love the cards and the delightful ribbon trees too.

Kathleen said...

Wonderful stitchery and the ribbon ornaments are adorable.

Susan said...

Love those trees - I think you will havs sucha fun fileld Christmas with all those Secret Santa Swap presents.

rosie said...

Teresa.... absolutely beautiful and inspiring....

Annette said...

Your little sampler is so pretty! Virginia is very fortunate to have you for a friend. Your ribbon ornaments turned out great! So fun aren't they.

Ulla's Quilt World said...

Hi! Greetings from Finland! Your quilts are so fantastic! It's so nice to find other quilters all around the world! www.quiltworld2.blogspot.com
Yours, Ulla

Tatkis said...

All the presents, gifts and exchanges are so beautiful, but your Friendship Stitchery is the best of all! So sweet and elegant!

Hugs,
Tatyana