Wednesday, October 5, 2011

What Makes Me Happy 3/10/2011

WooHooooooooo! The snow is melting... the ski season is over....
What does this mean????
James is home!!!!!
Last week I got this text...
"Lunch tomorrow??"
So good to have him back!
Also making me happy this week.... Tamborine Mountain.
Jack and I decided to try out the Skywalk up on the Mountain ...before the school holidays were over.
It was wonderful.The views were amazing.. the bush walk was lovely too.
Definitely worth while doing the Skywalk.
We managed to just get the walk done before some light rain started....
The fog rolled in and it was freezing cold...
So we went to the Winery for lunch... sitting around the fireplace....
Drinking hot chocolate! It was delicious.
I bought this little glass bird at the Skywalk. I have a few of these glass pieces now, one I bought in Tasmania and a couple of antique glass birds I bought a few years back. I just couldn't resist this little beauty.
Tamborine Mountain is so much fun to visit. I always love to go to the Bygone Days shop. It's full of lace, ribbons, antique bits and pieces, bags and scarfs... lots of lovelies to look at. These gorgeous ribbon embroidered bags and hanger made it back home with me.
And of course no trip to the Mountain is complete without a visit to the Lolly shop (Jack's favourite place!) to get some handmade fudge. This is the only place I have found that I can buy chalk licorice as well. My brother introduced it to me one trip to Melbourne and I just love it. There is also a piece of pistachio and macadamia nut nougat.... Just delicious!!
We're very lucky that we can get to the top of Tamborine Mountain in under an hour. It's always much cooler up there and there is soooo much to do and see. I just love it there.
We have had no internet since last Saturday... this is why my Monday post is happening on Friday!!!
Very nice to have my computer back!
Hope you have all had a great week and I hope the weekend is even better!!!
Happy Monday (and Friday!!)

15 comments:

Selina said...

I had wondered where you'd got to! You must be reaaaally happy now James is home, yay!!!!

Tatkis said...

Oh, I missed you! Glad you are back :)
Tamborine Mountain is a great place (have you visited their distillery? ;) ) - and we want to go to Skywalk someday too!

Hugs,
Tatyana

sunny said...

What a fun place! Thanks for sharing your pictures.

KAYLEE said...

It's great for you and the family that James is back home safely. I hope he had a wonderful time. I love your purchases from the Bygone Days Shop, just glorious. I love nougat, it looks so yummy. It must be 20 odd years since we have visited Tamborine Mountain. Cheers Kaylee

Leanne said...

What a lovely day you have had with your son, the scenery looks beautiful.

Sunnybec said...

The skywalk looks fabulous, in fact the whole place looks lovely - what beautiful scenery. Linda

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Teresa...how nice to have your boy home....it must feel good...he looks well....sounds like you had a lovely day and you did bring back some nice goodies...

Car said...

looks like a lovely day out!

have to ask about that green plate in the last picture? is it vintage?

Michelle Ridgway said...

I bet you are a very happy little vegemite to have your boy home. I love Mt Tamborine too and was smiling at all the things you like to do that I do as well. I love your little glass bird...beautiful.

katrien said...

Great pics.
Have a nice time.

Merilyn said...

What a great bushwalk, beautiful scenery!! Love your little purchases from the Bygone shop, gorgeous!!!!

rozhearts said...

Glad you are back on your blog. Happy to see James home and I have to say I love the photo in the supermarket. Would have been a real classic to have bumped into that when grocery shopping. The Mountain is beautiful, I think I have been there once upon a time.
Love your little bird and the gorgeous lace goodies.
(((HUGS))) Roz.

Mum said...

Wonderful blog as always, I missed you too, so good to have James home, what a wonderful life he enjoys. Love you & miss you. Mum

Wendy B said...

Can't understand why having your boy home would make you happy, my lovely!!!??? LOL I'm glad mine's home too!!!! Your trip to Tamborine sounds wonderful...have been there a while ago....sounds like we have a lot to do when I visit.....one day!!!! hehehe
Adore that birdie...just gorgeous..I've been slack visiting blogs lately so good to see what you've been up to.
sugary hugs sweety
Wendy :O) XOXO

Dianne said...

Your lovely blog post has convinced me I must return one day for a visit to Mt Tambourine. It's been quite a few years - no skywalk then. Just love your little bird you bought and how lovely to have James home safe and sound.