Monday, October 17, 2011

What Makes Me Happy 17/10/2011

Today I thought I would do something a little different.
I was thinking of what makes me happy... right at this very second... and what would that top 10 list be...
Of course we all have a top 10 list that doesn't change.. the big things....
you know... family...friends...home...
But then there are those little things that make you happy/smile/laugh.....right now1. Number 1 for me today was getting the chance to sleep in. After working last night, it was sooooo good to know it was a pupil free day at school and I didn't have to get up after 3 hours sleep and take Jack to school.
2. Fresh eggs for breakfast and that first cup of coffee.My wonderful neighbour has been giving us fresh eggs for as long as I can remember. They are beautiful, huge, delicious, fresh eggs and we're so lucky!3. Jack has bought a Wii and we've had a tonne of fun playing Super Mario Brothers Mariokart.We've each got our little steering wheel and have been racing each other! What a blissful, fun waste of time it's been!!!
4. Chocolate... I've never seen a bigger box of chocolate... and it's in our house... and it's open.
I was going to give it to a friend, but Jack opened it last night while I was at work..
Now we'll have to eat them! (and I'll have to buy another box!!!)
5. The storms are over! Over the last week we've had 3 huge storms... one very destructive one in particular.
We drove straight into this one on Saturday afternoon. I had Jack take some photos of the weird clouds.... it was so eerie and by the time we got home it was as dark as night and the rain was phenomenal. Hopefully, that should be the last of them for a while....6. Brunch!!! I met up with James last week at the Lock and Load (West End). As it was only about 10 a.m..... we had to choose from the "Brunch Menu"... I love brunch!.... and I love their Legendary Vegetarian Brunch!!!
soooo nice to have this boy home!!!7. I won these gorgeous patterns from Michelle of Rag-Tag Stitchin'. She's so lovely... it was only supposed to be ONE pattern!!!! I can't wait to stitch them both! Which one do I start first????8. We've picked up Jacks uniform for the State Championships. His event is on this weekend... so it's all very exciting! We had to drive to Southport to pick up his uniform, so of course we dropped in to Harbour Town on the way home for a bit of a shop!!!9. I've managed to do a bit of crafting....something of my own for a change...
Now to get a bit more time to finish it..... always fun to try something new!10. Casey Stoner wins the Moto GP 2011 yesterday!
How exciting... and on his 26th birthday too.
I'm so happy my husband was there to see it. I got a phone call from him straight after the race and he was thrilled to bits.
You might think it would be hard to come up with 10 things that make you happy... but it wasn't... in fact I can think of more... he he!!!
What's making you happy today?
Can you think of 10 things?
They can be big things or little things...
I hope just thinking of what makes you happy...
makes you happy!!!
It does for me, every week...

Happy Monday!

15 comments:

De said...

What a great list! Oh and those choccies.................

Bev C said...

A sun flower to finish it all off,just perfect Teresa. How many chocies are left now?
Happy days.
Bev.xoxo

Scottish Nanna said...

What A great list my ten would be wrapped into one and that is to stay healthy after being so sick.
Hugs Mary.xx

shez said...

what a lovely inspirational post Teresa,have an awesome week

Sandi said...

Wow, love your list....especially the chocs....are you bringing them tomorrow????

Sunnybec said...

Now that is what I call a box of chocolates!! Can I think of 10 things that make me happy? Not sure...I am always happy to see my elderly dog has made it through the night so I think for me that counts as all 10 put together. Yes Casey Stoner won and Valentino fell off - gutted, can you tell I am a Rossi fan, even my crash helmet is a replica of his....oh well there is always another race... Linda

katrien said...

You have write a nice list of things you make you happy.
Have a nice time.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Great list...all the important stuff...

Cattinka said...

Your cheerful posts always make me happy!
KATRIN W.

sunny said...

Well aren't you just happy and chipper this morning? I was debating over taking a drive in the country this morning, and you just helped me decide. MOre when I get back with happy photos!!

rosie said...

What a fantastic post Teresa.. such a happy one.. You have a great day..

Selina said...

I saw those choccies at the shop the other day, almost caved, now I think I will have to! They look sooooo good! And that storm! I got stuck over at the dfo after work, and the power went out, got loud and scary in there!

Seeing your happy posts every week is something that makes me happy :)

xx

Merilyn said...

Great post!! and we should count our blessings everyday, it's a good reminder to be thankful for this great life!!!!

Michelle Ridgway said...

Great post Teresa and uplifting as usual. A fantastic reminder to appreciate our simple blessings.

Mistea said...

Fabulous favourites. Oh for brunch that looks like that and your amazing box of chocolates.
Enjoy