Monday, October 10, 2011

What Makes Me Happy 10/10/2011

Happy Monday!
Making me happy this week is finishing (finally!) my embroidered Christmas stocking.The top part of the stocking is my favourite... I love the ribbon winding it's way around the embroidery, the snowflake charm, the beads, heavy embroidery and tassel.Finishing it meant I could sew on the gorgeous snowflake charms - they're just beautiful.There was a lot of work in this and the embroidery did challenge me...
But I'm very happy with the finished stocking.I love it. So Victorian and feminine and soft and vintagey! Such a good feeling to have it finished.Early Saturday morning my hubby set off on a long, long bike ride to Bathurst.
Although I'm not happy having him gone, I am happy that he's doing something he loves.This is a trip he's been looking forward to for ages. He was at Bathurst yesterday for the Bathurst 1000 car race. Today he is heading for the Grampians. He then rides along the Great Ocean Road on his way to Melbourne and Phillip Island (for the Motor GP - bike racing) next weekend.It's a very long way to ride on a bike... I'm looking forward to him coming home already!!
Stay safe Mike xxI watched the race yesterday... It's something I've done every year for as long as I can remember. When I was younger, this race is about the only thing my Dad would stop work for and watch each year. The last few laps were very exciting.
Don't worry... I did manage to get some sewing done while the race was on.
I made another start on my "Postcards from Paris" quilt - a quilt I started a while back and it's been waiting very patiently for me to continue with.....
I really enjoyed working on it again.
I hope you are all having a HAPPY MONDAY!
Have a great week and I hope you get to do something today that makes you happy!

25 comments:

Anonymous said...

What beautiful embroidery so delicate. You should be very proud of it. It looks like it was a lot of work.

Sunnybec said...

What beautiful beautiful work on your stocking, you should be proud of it, I certainly would be! My hubby has a motorbike too, though we don't get out on it as much as we would like now. He will be sat in front of the TV watching the MotoGP as he is every time it is on. One of our friends has got through to a final interview for a job on the Isle of Man we are crossing everything she gets it, if she does, guess who will be going to the TT races next year.......Linda

marina said...

your stocking looks breathtaking! all that embroidery. It's beautiful.
Hope hubby has a safe and enjoyable trip.
Your new block is gorgeous.
Can't wait to see the others.
Lot's of happiness.

Sandi said...

Look great, I hope u bring it tomorrow for show and tell. I think you have done a wonderful job - you should be very proud.

Selina said...

Ohh Teresa, that stocking is divine, well done! Hope Mike's trip goes well, fingers crossed for a safe return.

xx

Karen said...

Your embroidered stocking is simply stunning! So much beautiful, detailed work! I can't imagine how much work is in it. Well done!!!!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

The stocking is just so very beautiful Teresa...I hope your DH had a great time at Bathurst...

Susan said...

Sew many things to comment on!! - your stocking is beautiful - its a gorgeous pattern and so Vintage - just right for you! What a long bike ride - what a sore bottom I would have but I guess he's used to it. The end of the race was great though I was a little disappointed for Craig baby - but a great excuse to sit & sew. Best wishes to your bikie hubby!

Vintage Cate said...

Your Christmas stocking is really beautiful Teresa. The embroidery is exquisite- very vintage look. Hope your husband has a safe and wonderful trip.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Absolutely gorgeous Teresa. I won't tell my Husband about your H's trip...he'll be green!

Noela said...

Lovely stocking Teresa. Yes the race was exciting at the end. Was hoping Craig would get past Garth but just needed another lap I think.

Marilyn said...

Oh Teresa, the stocking is awesome. Such beautiful embroidery and charms. A huge amount of work but you must be so pleased you kept at it. Just needs filling now, doesnt it.
Hope hubby enjoys his time away and keeps safe. It would have been so exciting to be there to see the end laps of the race.

sunny said...

What a bee-utiful stocking! It's amazing Teresa.

Maree: said...

Your Xmas Stocking is Absolutely Stunning....
cheers

katrien said...

Great your Christmas stocking.

Jantine said...

Sooo much work in this stocking!!! You better cherish this stocking for years to come!
Love the postcards from Paris quilt block. I am wondering if I ever read about it before, but am sure it will come back on your blog...

Merilyn said...

Gorgeous work on your Christmas stocking, it is one in a million stocking!!!! An heirloom for sure!! Love your Paris quilt block too, very sweet indeed! God speed and safe return for your Hubby!!! Love his bike!! looks as though he's decked out for any weather challenges on the way!!!

retdairyqueen said...

Just love that stocking and your postcard quilt is going to be a stunner
Lorraine and Jim always went to Phillip Island races before she was too ill to do it
Not to far away from me

Tatkis said...

Oh Teresa, such a sweet, romantic, charming stocking!!

Hugs,
Tatyana

Dianne said...

Hi Teresa, the stocking was worth it. Very beautiful.

rozhearts said...

I think that is the most beautiful embroidered stocking I have seen. It is just gorgeous and like everyone else has said you should be very proud.(((HUGS))) Roz

Mum said...

Oooh Teresa the stocking is just so beautiful, so much work. Great to talk today & know Mike is having a great time, eventhough a little wet. Love always Mum

Susan said...

Love your work Teresa. What an exciting trip for your husband. Mine has gone to the GP on his bike too (from Mudgee) - they will have a great time. I'm getting a lot of extra sewing done!!

Lynda said...

The stocking is fabulous Teresa - so beautiful. A Suzuki rider, huh? Something Mike has in common with John.

karen bath said...

Hi there, this stocking is stunningly gorgeous and detailed.
Could you tell me the pattern or are you a marvelous fabric artist and you made It up.

Thanks
Karen