Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Tuesday Treasures

Yesterday I went searching through the cupboards for some Halloween things I've made for a display... and I came across these plates. When my boys were in Pre School (aged 5 years) they both made a plate each. It was a fund raiser for their school and a wonderful way to preserve their drawings at that time.

The above plate is James and shows our house, his lovely smiling face and a clown and some planes.. oh and also the way he wrote his name.
This one is Jacks when he was also 5 and shows cute little birds. I love the way he drew the face on the birds, facing the front, and the beak still on the side.

When James and Jack were 11 and 8 years old they made this plate for me. James drew on the left and Jack on the right... That's supposed to be me... I forgot I used to be a punk with purple hair and rings in my ears and nose. Jacks picture of me on the right is a little kinder he he!!! Those little green things beside me are kisses and hugs... awwwwww!!!

This plate is very special.... I divided it into quarters and each of us....including my husband (I don't know how we managed to convince him to do this!)...drew a picture of ourselves. Mikes section shows him fishing and... is that a halo around his head???? James is playing soccer and both Jack and I have teddies in our pictures. This one was made in 2000, so James was 9 and Jack was 6.
Such great memories and so cute to see the pictures my boys were drawing when they were little.

Another picture I want to share today is a photo my brother sent me...

Another 2 of my treasures...

My brother and my husband.... this was taken at Phillip Island. My brother says..."don't let the blues skies fool you. Just can't communicate how cold, wet and windy it was there. At one stage, the rain was hitting our faces so hard, it was like being stabbed by thousands of tiny ice needles! Siberia absolutely lived up to its name!"

I love this photo...they look like they're having the time of their lives, even if they were freezing!

Well I'm off to see if anyone else is playing today and sharing their treasures with Melody.

Have a great day!


10 comments:

Fiona said...

those plates are just so so so fantastic... I love them all....
Hugz

Kathy said...

It's so wonderful to see the way children's drawings change as they get older - and how they picture their world!

marina said...

My boys made the melamine plates at Kinder too. I treasure theirs as well.
Love all the pictures on your boys' plates they are so special. Great idea to divide the large one.
Well done to Jack on his amazing awards. Lots to be proud of!

shez said...

what cute drawings the boys did and what a lovely way of keeping them,lovely treasures

Scottish Nanna said...

What lovely Memories for you to keep when they have children of their own the will get a giggle at looking at them.
Hugs Mary xx

retdairyqueen said...

Love the plates
You can believe the guys at Phillip Island It was FREEZING

Jantine said...

Those plates are so great, it is a miracle none has shattered. Love the pictures! Childrens drawings are always awesome. I just had a 4 year old in class who only draw head, arms and legs but gave Cinderella very long hair!

Sheila said...

What great treasures , a cute idea to preserve the drawings of your boys .I love childrens drawings .

Vintage Cate said...

Teresa, those plates are so gorgeous. What lovely memories they hold. You will be able to look back on yourself with purple hair,piercings and Doc Martin shoes (that's what they look like) and think "Those were the days!!" Seriously though, it is lovely to see your boys growing up through your drawings. I love the photo from Phillip Island. Brrrr!!!!

Merilyn said...

I love the idea of using plates to preserve children's drawings!!! What great keepsakes, your boys will share them with their children hopefully one day!!!!