Sunday, October 16, 2011

On My Shelf....

I found this great post today on Clare's blog where she shows a photo of a shelf in her house. The original idea is from this blog...Punky & Me.... where you play "My Place and Yours"....
Todays theme is On My Shelf...
I thought it was a great idea and started looking around the house for a "shelf" to photograph and share.
I decided on this shelf and as I started taking down each item on the shelf (to remove about 2 inches of dust he he!!!) I realised everything on this wonderful shelf that my Dad made me many years ago.. is very special and holds a precious memory.
I think it will just have to be this weeks "Tuesday Treasure" so I can get lost in all those memories again with Melody of the House on the Side of the Hill...
I've had so much fun looking at each and every piece on that shelf.... digging around in the jewellery boxes also was fun.
And if nothing else.... there is one shelf spotlessly clean of dust in my house today!!!
Woo Hoo... does this mean I can sew now???

Hope you're having a wonderful Sunday....

8 comments:

Vic said...

Of course you can sew now, get to it! ;)

How nice that even the shelves themselves are special. I like that Pink Panther hiding up the top there!

Thanks for joining in with My Place & Yours.

Jackie said...

A lovely shelf of memories. Go sew now.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

I can see there are lots of memories on your shelf Teresa...

shez said...

beautiful items and sew,sew,sew Teresa.

Cattinka said...

After this much cleanind, you really should sew now!
KATRIN W.

Joy said...

Oh you've definitely earned some sewing time :o). Love your shelf, looks like it's full of happy memories Teresa - and is that the pink panther I see up there in the corner ;o)??
Hugs,
Joy :o)

Cherie said...

Gorgeous!

Merilyn said...

What a lovely array if items Teresa!!! I reckon dusting a shelf unit is definitely worth sewing time LOL!!!