Sunday, October 30, 2011

My place and yours....

Another great theme for My place and yours.... this week... Where I sleep.
Of course it doesn't always look like this.. this is what it should look like everyday... but it is very rare to actually have the bed made!!! This the 'before' photo... First I had to remove the furball.. who thinks this bed is hers!!!I bought the bed head from an antique shop at Tamborine Mountain a few years back and I just love it. This quilt is called "Floral Dreams" and the quilt at the bottom of the bed is made in the same fabric range, only in flannels... nice and warm for Winter.
I have a habit of changing my quilts on the bed though, and this one is due for a change.My favourite doll - my button head doll - sits nicely on there... but she gets turfed off every night of course!
On either side of the bed are two of the lead light lamps I've made over the years, with bases my Mother in law gave us many years back... also hand made. My gorgeous old clock belonged to my Nanna and the box was made by Jack a few years back in school. My teddy was bought for me after a trip to Seaworld, where I fell in love with the polar bears.
It is a very tiny room, but I have managed to cram a lot in there...
I sure love that bed after a long night shift at work....
Want to play too and share in My place and yours????
Just go HERE and join in...
Have a great day!

14 comments:

Margaret said...

The button head doll is interesting. There are so many ways to use buttons other than their original intention.

Catherine said...

It looks like a nice and comfy spot to curl up and have a sleep I can see why your cat like it so much. I love your patchwork quilt, it's something I'd like to try one day. And you've got a lovely collection of treasures on your bedside table, the clock is very special. :)

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Love your spot..full of lovely treasures...

shez said...

what a lovely atmosphere you have created in your bedroom Teresa,love your quilts and your doll is so cute.

Jackie said...

Love your Quilts, and all your little bits and pieces. A very nice room.

Vic said...

Holy smoke Teresa you MADE THOSE LAMPS?! Amazing & beautiful. Love the quilts too!

Thanks so much for sharing this week!

Madeline said...

I'm having cat envy after reading all these Where I Sleep posts. They really make a bed!

H said...

Beautiful lamps and quilt. I would paint my walls that colour, mine is similar but paler.

Cherie said...

Ooooo so gorgeous, so cosy, love your lamps too, beautiful. It must be hard to drag yourself out of there :) Hope you have a lovely week :~)

Sheryl said...

Teresa your bedroom looks so comfy and cosy, the quilts are gorgeous and the treasures on your bedside table are lovely, how clever are you making those lamps and of course the feline bed warmer, we have one of those too but she is more like the bed hogger, she likes to lay right where you want to put your feet and will not move.......

Merilyn said...

Very cosy and very well organised Teresa!!! I love the bed head, adds a lovely vintage touch to your bedroom!!

Bev C said...

Hello Teresa.

Love the idea of matching quilts.
happy days.
bev.xoxo

Lea said...

oh your quilts are very pretty and I LOVE the bedhead and your clock. Special too. I've been looking for an old clock on ebay. How gorgeous that yours is so sentimental.

marina said...

love your quilts and looks like the furball loves it too. Nothing like stretching out.
Your bedside treasures are lovely too.
Enjoy your Melbourne cup festivities!