Friday, October 21, 2011

Brisbane Craft Show

Yesterday I spent the day at the Brisbane Craft Show and had a wonderful day. I haven't been for a few years, so I was really looking forward to it.
It was the perfect excuse to catch up with my blogging buddy Tatyana.
Of course I found her as soon as I got there... in amongst
the beads!!!
We had so much fun... and we were only a "little" bit naughty with our spending!!!
It was also the best opportunity to meet, for the first time - in the flesh he he! - another blogging friend Merilyn. Who traveled (a lot further than I did) with a few of her friends to the show. I feel like I've known Merilyn (on the right) for ages and she was just lovely. You should check out her blog Quiltminstrel and see the amazing blocks she is making for her Civil War quilt... very inspiring!
I am so glad I got to spend the day with Tatyana and to meet Merilyn at the show yesterday. This blogging world I'm caught up in is wonderful for meeting like-minded friends!!
On my list of things to get yesterday (and I succeeded!!!) was some giggle buttons and hanger for a new project I'm starting, and some cottage garden threads. I also picked up some of Lynette Andersons fabric and some gorgeous lace flowers. I couldn't resist Natalie Birds stitchery "Friendship Tree" ...
especially when I could purchase the frame as well...
and these gorgeous Theodora Cleave buttons were included.
My last purchase (literally as I was walking out the door) was this cute little owl potholder pattern and fabric... I can't wait to make this!
Such a fun, fast, whirlwind trip to the show... but I loved it!!!
I also wanted to show you what my husband brought back from his trip to Phillip Island for our sons...
Not only did he buy them a Casey Stoner cap each....
But he managed to get Casey to sign each of them as well!
How wonderful is that???
He was going to give the boys the caps for Christmas... but he was too excited and gave them away as soon as he got home.
Nice to have him home too I might add....

So I wonder who else went to the Show on Thursday...
I wonder if I walked right past any other bloggers there that day....
Now to get back to normal... I have a mountain of washing waiting for me and a carpet in dire need of a vacuum... ho hum!!!!
Hope you have a great day!!!


22 comments:

sunny said...

what a fun day! Don't you just love meeting up with blogging buddies? Very nice selection of goodies that you came home with, too. Enjoy playing with them!

Fiona said...

It looks like a fab day Teresa. Love that Natalie Bird Stitchery and rame - Way too cute !!

Hugs - Fee XX

Sheila said...

Sounds like a perfect day Teresa , glad you got to spend some time with your blogging buddies and get a few goodies too.

Lurline said...

Lucky you Teresa - glad you had fun - must pop over to see if I can see the winning quilts!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Karen said...

Looks like you had a very good day, both socially and in purchases. Good fun!
Love the Natalie Bird stitchery.

Susan said...

Hi Teresa, I was there too - I had a great time - spent a little bit (as you do) but was fairly restrained. Its an exhausting day though isnt it??

Lynda said...

What a great day out Teresa. Diann was going today. Wish I was up there too. I bet the boys were thrilled to receive their caps.

Tatkis said...

It was such a lovely day, and such a fantastic even!
Thank you for sharing it with me!
I'll show my treasures soon ;)

Hugs,
Tatyana

Khris said...

You certainly got my attention on the Owl Potholders...lol
Hugs Khris

marina said...

looks like a day well spent!
Lots of lovely goodies too.
I don't think I would have left those pot holders behind either.
Glad hub got home ok and enjoyed himself.
Bonus with the hats!

Fiona said...

Always fun at the Craft Show... I gave this year a miss ... I love the goodies you bought....
Hugz

Cattinka said...

You spent a beautiful day at the show and brought home so many nice goodies. Everything looks nice, you have such a good taste! And I like the potholder patterns, I bet they will turn out cute.
KATRIN W.

Melody said...

Looks like you had a fantastic time and I just love everything you chose to buy.

Merilyn said...

It was so nice to meet up at the Quilt/Craft Show Teresa!!! and to meet Tatyana too!!!! We had a great day, got lots of little goodies and plenty of inspiration too LOL!!!, now just find the hours to do it all!!!!! Love your 'Friendship Tree' stitchery!! Yes, indeed, back to the humdrum of housework/chores......

Vintage Cate said...

I was there too Teresa. Seven of my friends went from Caloundra. We left home at 8am and returned to Caloundra at 5pm. We had a super day - what fun!! I bought buttons, some lovely background fabric and purse frames. We may have passed each other in the aisles. Glad you had a good day too.

shez said...

love all your buys Teresa they will keep you out of mischief for awhile.Lucky boys

katrien said...

You have got a lovely day at the craftshow.And meet some bloggers is great.
You byed some nice things.
Have a nice weekend.

Chookyblue...... said...

lovely that you got to meet up with other blog girls.......and had a great day at the show...........

Michelle Ridgway said...

Glad you had fun and got to meet some blogging mates. Lovely little stash of goodies there.
I bet your boys were chuffed with those caps.....the drool is my husbands...sorry!
Don't you just love the way housework waits for you??????

Maree: said...

Glad you had a Nice day at the show and had the chance to meet a New Blogger...
Great Job on getting those caps signed...
cheers

Mistea said...

Looks like you had lots of fun at the fair. Nice acquisitions which will be handy for production.
Fantastic souvenirs for your boys.

Bev C said...

Hello Teresa,

Always great to walk around a craft show with friends. Love your purchases especially those flowers. Enjoy the vacuuming/stitching.
Happy days.
Bev.xoxo