Monday, September 5, 2011

What Makes Me Happy 5/9/2011

Well as hard as it was to say "Goodbye" (again!!!) to my Mum... that's what I had to do this weekend. Mum and Frank are back on the road again this very morning... as I type! I can't be sad... she is having the time of her life.. everyday is an Adventure and she's getting to travel all around this beautiful country of ours and meeting wonderful people along the way.
I was very, very lucky to have had nearly 9 months with Mum this time. I thought she would only be here for Christmas, but these last 8 months were a wonderful bonus for me. We've spent lots of time together and I have enjoyed every second of it.
Travel safe Mum and have a wonderful, exciting time. I can't wait till you come back this way again! Love you so much xx
I got to spend some lovely time with my Dad yesterday on Fathers Day. It was great to catch up with him and see what he's been up to. The above Military photo is of my Grandfather and this photo was in my Nanna's house for as long as I can remember. It's now at my Dad's house along with this wonderful photo.....This is my Dad's Military photo and he made the frame himself out of a beautiful piece of silky oak.... just like the frame of my Grandfathers. Didn't he do an amazing job? It's just beautiful... out of one complete piece of timber. I just love it. I showed you this photo last week of my Dad and his brothers on the steps of my Nanna's house. Well Dad sent me this photo this morning and I just had to share.....Same boys, same house, same steps... just many, many years ago. I love it.... It must have been taken in the early 1950's. Thanks Dad.. this photo really made me smile this morning.... perfect timing - it was just what I needed.
Well it will be a while before I a make the trip to Redcliffe again. I have really enjoyed all those trips back and forth... finding my 3-palm-tree heart on every trip always made me smile and feel like I was back home. I wonder if it will still look like this the next time I drive back?
Make sure you give the people you love a big hug today.....
and tell them you love them.
Happy Monday everyone!!!

17 comments:

Merilyn said...

Lovely photos Teresa! Love the 'front steps' pics before and now, nice memories!! Hope your Mum has safe travels!!!

Sheila said...

Wonderful post filled with the love for your family , I especially love the photo of on the step many years ago , that is so neat to have that along with the more recent photo.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Thanks for sharing that wonderful photo of your dad and his brothers in the same spot all those years ago..how precious. I love your Dad's wonderful artwork too. Very talented man.
My feet are itchy just reading about your Mums new adventures beginning.
Sad for you though I am sure you will miss her a lot.

shez said...

wonderful post Theresa,love the pics and gee you look like your mum,you could be sisters.

Lynda said...

Love the photos of your Dad and his brothers at their home. I think I went to Redcliffe when I was last visiting Diann - those palm trees are wonderful.

Bev C said...

Safe travelling to your Mum Teresa, Happy Monday to you and your boys.
Bev.xoxo

marina said...

It must be hard farewelling your mum again. Hopefully it won't be long before she is back again.
You definitely look like your mum.
Beautiful pics of your grandfather and father.
Love the four little (and not so little) boys on the steps.

Chrissie said...

Thanks for sharing your photos, lovely to see the 'before' and after' photos, hope your Mum has a good trip, what a fantastic adventure

Melody said...

How wonderful to see both sides of your family. No we can see where your good looks come from, especially your mum, she is gorgeous.

Dianne said...

Your Mum looks so happy, Teresa. Your post reminds us how important family is. Lovely photos.

Susan said...

Teresa - your "What makes me happy" posts are always so lovely to read. I must go look for those palm trees. What a great way to see Australia - on a huge bus - then again - is there room for sewing stuff??

Jantine said...

Promised, I will hug my loved ones as you did yours!

A Quilter Awakens said...

"Same boys, same steps" are just wonderful photos. Enjoyed reading your post. Karmen

Marilyn said...

I do hope your Mum has a happy, safe time seeking out her next adventures on the road. Much as you miss her, it must be so warming to see her doing what she loves.
You have shared some very special photos.
Have a lovely day.

rosie said...

Lovely Teresa.. Hope your mum has a wonderful time..xx

KAYLEE said...

Wonderful photos Teresa, you've been very lucky seeing your Mum so many times over the past 9 months or so. Love the photos of your Dad and brothers, I know I'm being picky here BUT they all look quite young in the early photo and they all look like they would be in their 70's now, which means the early photo would have been taken sometime in the 1940's. The silky oak frames are gorgeous. Cheers Kaylee
70's now.

Mum said...

Beautiful post Teresa, thanks to everyone who has wished me well. I will miss you so much, & I can't see for tears just now, remember we never are apart, when we hold each other in our hearts. Love those heart-shaped palms. Love you so much, thanks for such a fabulous 9 months. Mum