Monday, September 19, 2011

What Makes Me Happy 19/9/2011

Happy Monday!!!!
I love those days when you have this little niggly idea in your head of something you really, REALLY, want to do and you just go for it....
I found out that my Mum who was staying about 45 minutes out of Toowoomba, was going to drive to Toowoomba on Saturday and see the Carnival of Flowers Parade.
We are about 2 hours drive from Toowoomba and all I said to my husband was I wished I could just drive up there, surprise her at the parade, and see her just one more time before she heads off further away from us......Next minute we're in the car and driving up!!! I rang my Mum when we got there and she couldn't believe we were right there in Toowoomba. When we saw each other, we did that funny, running towards each other thing in the middle of the road... threw our arms around each other and had the biggest hug... I can't believe how happy we were!The Parade was wonderful. I have never been to Toowoomba's Carnival of Flowers that is held every year for a week in Spring. There is so much to see and do, from the Parade, to Quilt exhibitions, Teapot Extravaganza, Wine and Food festivals, all the open Gardens, sooo much... Not that we had any time for that! This time.....
The floats, and bands and entertainers were so much fun!
We stayed for the whole parade and it was really lovely. Mum and I kept looking at each other and we couldn't believe we were seeing each other again... such a surreal feeling!
Amazingly enough I did manage to catch up (for a few precious minutes) with my lovely blogging friend Di. The Toowoomba quilters have a Quilt Exhibition on for the entire week... boy was that hard not having the time to walk around all the quilts and stalls... But I did get to meet Di and get that quick photo. I would love to go back again this week and take the time to see all the Exhibits and Displays that are still on for the rest of the week!
After the parade Mum and I (and our boys) went to the Irish Pub for lunch and had a lovely meal and a much needed drink. The day was just beautiful, but very hot. It feels like we've missed Spring and gone straight into Summer.
I'm so glad we decided to just drop everything and make this (quick!) trip up to see Mum. I'm very lucky to have such a spontaneous husband too!
I've decided this week long Carnival in Toowoomba is a not-to-be-missed event and will definitely make better plans to go up again next year (with more time and no stress!!)
It was such a great day, so good to see you Mum and surprise you!
A MASSIVE, BIG thank you to my understanding, spontaneous hubby....
I hope you are all having a wonderful Monday.
Enjoy your day, the people around you, and what you are doing!


23 comments:

Karen said...

What a great day and a lovely surprise for your mum.
The carnival looks fantastic. Love the pics of the parade!

sunny said...

What a wonderful day! I'm glad to made the trip and had such a wonderful time.

Fiona said...

welcome to my town.. glad you had such a wonderful time....
Hugz

manda said...

Oh wow! What a fantastic day out for your family!! Where's your Mum headed next?

Bev C said...

Hello Teresa,

Oh that was a great Happy Monday post. I would love to visit Toowoomba one day.
Happy days.
Bev.xoxo

De said...

Oh Teresa how lovely of your hubby! Glad you enjoyed your day. xoxo

shez said...

Theresa what a sweet hubby you have and its great seeing pics of you and your mum you both look so happy,nothing as important as family.oxox

marina said...

sometimes things on the spur of the moment can work out the best. That's great you got to catch up with your mum before she heads off.

Melody said...

Glad to hear you had such a wonderful time.

Mistea said...

That looks like an amazing amount of fun for one short visit. So glad you got to enjoy with your family.

Chrissie said...

What a lovely day, I bet your Mum was delighted you drove to see her, the flowers looked good too, so nice to do something on the spur of the moment.

Marilyn said...

Wow Teresa, that was a wonderful surprise visit. Your Mum must have been so happy to see you, and I can see you were thrilled to be there. I had hoped to go there this year to see the quilt exhibition, but it is one of those busy times, so maybe next year.

Dianne said...

Gorgeous post, Teresa. So glad you enjoyed your big day out in Toowoomba. It was fabulous to meet you. Di.

shirley said...

I was at the parade too Teresa, and your photos of it were great. It was very warm wasn't it.. How lovely for you to meet up with your mum like that and have such a nice day with her.

The quilt show was amazing too I am totally in awe of you quilting ladies and your work. Di took me to the opening she is a wonderful person to have as a friend. We are both so fortunate.

CJ Stitching and Blooms said...

hello Teresa, Love the pics of the Toowoomba Carnival. Loved seeing your and MUM together again. And it was also great seeing you with My Dear Friend DI too. She is a sweetie. Thanks for sharing. Hugs Judy

Jantine said...

Lucky you and mum! That must have been an awesome moment!

retdairyqueen said...

What a lovely family you have Teresa
Such a special day
I think you better keep that hubby of yours

Merilyn said...

Don't you just love when an idea comes together like that!
Thanks for sharing the photos too, looks like it was great day! The last time I visited Toowoomba was nearly 30 years ago!LOL

katrien said...

looks you have got a nice time at the parade.

rozhearts said...

Wow Teresa, your photos are just beautiful and what a lovely surprise for your Mum. My Mum and Dad were there during the festival and was just showing us his photos on the weekend. It looks like a wonderful festival and fancy haveing a quilt show for a week!!!!!
(((HUGS))) Roz.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Wonderful photos Teresa....haven't been for a long while. Great to catch up with your MUM. The quilt show looked great.

Anita said...

Hi Teresa, What a coincidence! My friend Heather has gone for a holiday to QLD....and guess where she is? Toowoomba!! She will come home with some great stories. The parade looks great, love the photo's of the art display. Bet you loved catching up with your Mum. Enjoy. Regards, Anita.

Mum said...

I will remember this surprise, & this day forever, I still find it hard to believe, love Michael for his thoughtfulness, he knows how much it meant to you & me. Love you, & miss you more, the further away we travel. Mum