Thursday, September 8, 2011

Teddy Bears Picnic

I am playing along with Melody again today and sharing a very special Teddy.... who has only just come to live with me and my other furry critters. My friends daughter has just come back home from living and working in Canada. This is the lovely surprise gift she brought back for me.
A very cute little black bear, complete with a warm Canadian jacket.
While she was there she did see a bear in the wild. All the traffic had stopped on a busy 8 lane freeway. She stood up through the sun roof of the car she was traveling in and got the most amazing footage of a wild black bear slowly walking amongst the stationery cars over to the other side of the road, all on her camera.
How cute is he? I just love him and my friend couldn't have given me a more thoughtful gift.
I wonder who else will be coming to the picnic today.
Now I will have to think of a name for my new little Canadian bear...
Any ideas???
Have a great day... I'm off to Melodys to see who else is at the Teddy Bears Picnic today.

17 comments:

Mary said...

What a cute bear, and a lovely gift.

elliek said...

Canada is home of Maple Syrup isn't it?? He is a delightful bear and looks like he is eating Oreos, is that so he feels a bit closer to home?

Melody said...

What an amazing bear story and the most adorable little black bear for you. Thank you so much for bringing him on the picnic.

Karen said...

He is a very delightful bear and such a lovely gift.. And a much better size than the real thing.

helbel19 said...

A very cute fellow and I know he has a good home with you.


Helen

Fiona said...

Great bear.... and already an intersting story.....
Hugz

Cattinka said...

Have you decided on a name jet? I think "Maples" would be nice.
KATRIN W.

Briar Rose said...

He is so cute Teresa, I have put a little Black Bear from Canada on "The Village Quilters" Blog to Keep him company on the Picnic, Cheers R.

shez said...

what a sweet gift and i love the story about the bear.

Serenata said...

Wonderful bear, I could do with a lumberjack coat like that today!

rosie said...

He is gorgeous Teresa.. Very life like..

Sheila said...

Sweet little bear Teresa and lovely story to go along with him .

Mistea said...

Perfect little bear from Canada.
Hope he had fun on the picnic and shared his cookies.

Merilyn said...

Love the new Canadian bear! I'm sure the other bears will make him feel very welcome and that he will enjoy Aussie bear picnics!!!!!

katrien said...

What a sweety,and a name ?what do you think of dobby ?balloo?...

Snoodles said...

Aww, he's so cute! I guess it's not very original, but maybe "Canuck" for his name? I think I remember hearing that was a nickname for people from Canada?

Sandi said...

He is sooo cute, I am so glad you found the TME to share him with us, he will give you lots of happy memories when you look back through your BLOGG BOOK...lol cheers