Friday, September 30, 2011

Some More Finishes for September

This month I dug deep into my UFO basket and found these gorgeous fabrics. I was given this range of fabrics quite a while ago and I just loved them.
I thought the wonderful fabric with it's teapots and teacups would make a perfect tablecloth.
It's a very simple, straight forward quilt, but I think makes a great table cloth...
Now it just needs some cakes and slices and a good cup of tea!
So good to finally have the fabric made up into something useful.
I have also been playing around with some fabric tags I made out of plain calico. I've stained this one and added a few interesting bits and pieces. I wanted it to look old, french and vintagey!
It says "J'Adore..." which means "I adore/love"... and I love all things to do with sewing. So I've added a little sewing machine charm, some old buttons and lace and a gold heart. I've attached it to my sewing basket.
Another UFO project waiting to be finished is this little knitted bag. I bought the kit ages ago and I'm ashamed at how long it took to finally finish it!
It's made by knitting 1" wide strips of fabric... not easy, but not too difficult either.
The top is finished off with some funky braid and a button. The whole bag is fully lined with a pocket and it's just the right size for your wallet, phone and keys.

This is a close up of the knitted fabric...
It's such a good feeling to get some projects finished and to start crossing things off my To Do list (instead of adding things to it he he!!!)
I can't believe another month has finished... Time is flying so fast....
Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!!


18 comments:

CJ Stitching and Blooms said...

Hello Teresa, Your table cloth fabrics are divine and yes they make the perfect table cloth. Very lovely indeed. Like your fabric tags too. They look a wee bit primitive. Hugs Judy

sunny said...

Great finishes. I love the table closth - very pretty fabrics. I've been trying to finish up some old projects, too. It does feel good.

shez said...

lovely finishes Teresa,well done

Ullan tilkut said...

Hi! Greetings from Finland! I love them!!!

Jenny said...

Oh I love the tablecloth and the vintage tag!!! and the knitted bag is gorgeous, you are so clever Teresa!!

Joy said...

Teresa your tablecloth is GAWJUS!!! I bought a heap of those very same fabrics a few years ago too, you just know I'm going to go and hunt through my stash now to find them lol.Your little bag is adorable too, you're such a clever lady!!!
Hugs,
Joy :o)

marina said...

great finishes Teresa.
The table cloth looks gorgeous. Will you quilt it or back it?

Sweet Cinnamon Stitches said...

Well done on your September finished Teresa! I've always been drawn to patchwork & think you tablecloth is beautiful.
Cheers....Jane.

retdairyqueen said...

Beautiful tags and just love the table cloth Great way to show the beautiful fabrics
So simple So effective
Good Job

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Another good month, the table cloth looks so good Teresa, and great idea with the tags...love the bag, and how good does the knitted fabric look.....go girl....

Melody said...

Wow, you have been so productive and all of it gorgeous.

Tess said...

Your table cloth is beautiful, Treez..so glad you like them
Trees.

Bev C said...

Just love that tablecloth Teresa.
Happy days.
Bev.xoxo

Tatkis said...

Some great finishes! It's always a pleasure to finish a long-term project :)
I love you table cloth! And fabric tag and a bag are very nice!

Hugs,
Tatyana

helbel19 said...

Lovely projects as usual, love the fabric in the table cloth and the tag and bag are terrific too, bring them to show us on Tuesday.

Helen

Dianne said...

Great finishes Teresa! It's a good feeling to get some projects finished. The tablecloth was perfect for those beautiful fabrics. Will you just back it or put a light wadding in it? Have a good week. Di.

Roseanne said...

Love the teapot fabric in the tablecloth beautiful work. I also like your fabric tag very nice.

Merilyn said...

I just love your romantic tablecloth, and your little knitted bag is gorgeous! I'm so behind on catching up with my blogs lately and am having trouble leaving comments on some too, don't know what blogger is up to but it has a few glitches!!!!