Saturday, September 24, 2011

Busy, Busy, Busy......

This week has been a crazy, busy week..... School holidays always are!! But they are the best time of the whole school year (I think!!)
Spring is definitely here, with gorgeous, perfect weather and the Lavender bursting out everywhere in the garden. It looks and smells wonderful.There have been lots of fires around lately, leaving us with smoky, hazy days and truly colourful sunsets. Jack and I have been making the most of the holidays, but juggling that with extra hours at work as well. We rewarded ourselves with this amazing lunch....."Mezze platter for two"... there wasn't a crumb left!!!Delicious summer drinks are keeping us cool!!!!I have been busy stitching my embroidered Christmas Stocking and am working my way up...I haven't got too much more of the embroidery to go and then I can start putting it together.
We've been to the Library to see a friends wonderful artwork on display. She does the most beautiful water colour paintings. They are just amazing.
This is my painting that she painted and gave to me. I just love it! She is so clever. This is something I would love to have a go at one day (when I have some spare time!!!)
I have been busy making my swap presents for my partner in a FRIENDS swap hosted by Khris from Sew Prim Khris.
All my presents are made, labels are finished.....Presents are wrapped...
Now they're winging their way to my partner in Belgium.
Although I am certainly NOT a knitter, I had a go at making this knitted dishcloth. When I first saw it, I loved it and the frog pattern knitted into it. If you look very carefully, maybe squint your eyes a little and have a great imagination, you might be able to see my frog in there too. When I asked my hubby if he could see something in it, he said a "boat"... yep ...I am no knitter. If you want to see what it's supposed to look like you can see it HERE and the free pattern (along with many others) is HERE. At least it's ability to make a great dishcloth hasn't been lost in my knitting he he!!!
I have long been interested in anything and everything to do with Ned Kelly and the Kelly Gang....
When I saw this wonderful set of pewter Kelly Gang thimbles from the Scissorman...
I couldn't resist.
Each thimble is a true replica of the original helmet worn by each member in the siege at Glenrowan. Every one is different and very well made. I am very happy with my purchase!!!
Inside my parcel was a lovely surprise... I have wanted a pair of scissoroo scissors for ages, and I couldn't believe it when I opened up the little envelope included in the parcel to find a pair!!! I love them!
Phew....lots of photos!! I just had to end with this one...
My hubby (who has never been a "cat" person) with his "girlfriend"
Cookie just adores him and he would never admit it...
but he loves her too!
Awwwww!
Hope you are all having an amazing weekend!


10 comments:

Melody said...

What a fabulous post, with so many good things on show. Have a great Sunday.

Val said...

Certainly lots in this post. I often skim through long post but each part of yours caught my interest and I had to read everything. The gift tags that spelled friends are gorgeous and I can easily see the frog in your knitting. hanks for the link to the pattern. Cookie looks very loveable :)

Fiona said...

Wow you have been busy !! Yes my lavender is bloming too and it is just so lovely. Love the look of your stocking and the dish cloth is way too cute.

Hugs - Fee X

katrien said...

Hé you are very bizzy with lots of things I like your christmas stocking.And i can't wait to see al those nice parcels.LOL.

shirley from oz said...

Love those thimbles Teresa, they are so unusual. Lucky you getting those gorgeous scissors.

Merilyn said...

Lovely post Teresa! I love the water-colour your friend made for you, it is such a serene vista, just beautiful!!!
Those Kelly Gang thimbles are unusual and how very creative of the makers! who would have thought!!!
Yes, I treasure my pair of Scissoroo scissors too, they are just so uniquely Aussie! I love them!!!!
Cats always know how to win the hearts of the most resistant humans!!!!!

Lynda said...

You definitely pack a lot into your week Teresa - you've been having a great time. Lunch with Jack looks delicious - I love haloumi.

Mistea said...

Your frog is super - Hubby must have a good a imagination!
Lovely thimbles - oh, I got myself the Scissoroo scissors last year - Perfect.
Cute Cookie.
Enjoy the rest of the Holidays.

Susan said...

Another great post!! Funny how cats always seem to go to those who "dont like cats". She looks so cute. And I love those little parcels - how difficult to wait until Christmas to open them!

Jantine said...

This painting is awesome, I can see why you love it soo much. And the frog, honest, I saw it right away and thanks for the link, it will make the perfect gift for a friend of mine!