Monday, August 8, 2011

What Makes Me Happy 8.8.2011

Happy Monday!!!
Making me happy this week is....
Postcards!!!
These are just a few of my treasured postcards. I have so many from family and friends and from all over the world.
I love that while my friends and family are having the time of their lives, on holidays, they take the time to write a few words down and post me a card.
Not only is there the beautiful scene on the front, but on the back you have that personal little piece of their handwriting and the gorgeous stamps as well!!!
Going to the mailbox and finding a special postcard in there for me, makes me very happy!!
Also making me happy this week is the lovely surprise gift my youngest son, Jack, bought for me yesterday. He knows how much I love the series "Downton Abbey", and how much I wanted to watch it, but it was on a night that I worked. Yesterday he came home with this for me. I know he doesn't get much money each week from his part time job, so to spend it on me, for no reason, just makes my heart want to burst. I am very lucky!
What's making you happy today?
Happy Monday!

10 comments:

shez said...

oh Teresa how special is your son that is so thoughtful,what lovely boys you have.

Melody said...

He's such a lovely boy.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Love all your postcards....What a thoughtful son. I wanted to watch this series also but if you can get it on DVD. Woo hoo!

Bev C said...

Hello Teresa,

Oh you are going to enjoy Downton Abbey.You may want to check out this link to the castle and you will be in heaven.

http://www.highclerecastle.co.uk/

Happy Monday.
Bev.xoxo

Mum said...

G'day Darlin, Jack is beautiful, I missed 2 nights while in NZ, & feel cheated, I saw this DVD but wasn't sure if it was the full first series so didn't buy it. Thanks Bev for the castle link, sure gets you in doesn't it. Love Mum

De said...

what a sweet gift

Mistea said...

Lovely collection of Postcards.
They sure are special reminders of friends and family's travels.

Tatkis said...

If I only new about you liking postcards! But I'll remember :))

What a lovely gift! Congratulations!!

Hugs,
Tatyana

Merilyn said...

I agree postcards are a nice personal touch!!! I haven't heard about the Abbey DVD, but what a thoughtful gift!!!

retdairyqueen said...

Special boys because they have a special Mum