Monday, August 15, 2011

What Makes Me Happy 15/8/2011

What's making me happy today?.....
The Royal Brisbane Show (fondly known as the Ekka) is on again.
This post is very late as we have literally spent the WHOLE day there!Every August the show is on and we always have a lot of fun...
It's when the country comes to the city!!!
I have been going since I was very, very little and I still enjoy it.
No show is complete without one of their famous strawberry ice creams.
Jack and I enjoyed a Greek platter for 2 for lunch! So good!
The quilt display didn't disappoint and I just loved the work and exquisite detail in this one.
Each block was a miniture piece of art. It was beautiful.
I also loved this one... It was a very tiny quilt, so you can imagine the size of the pieces in each block. So much detail ... again!
This was our locker at it's fullest today..
Lots of showbags, yummy food (including macarons and licorice)
and of course the obligatory soft toy (won from one of the games in side show alley)
When night fell we headed into the showgrounds to watch the ring events.
I love this part of the day.
Full of delicious food ... feet aching from walking all day...
and totally enjoying every second!
The best part....
The fireworks.
Another wonderful day at the Ekka....
Now I'm off to bed as I am totally exhausted.
You know that saying....
"A child who goes to bed, tired from play... Is a happy child"
That's Me!!!!
Happy Monday!

14 comments:

rosie said...

So glad you enjoyed the show Teresa.. a fun family thing to do..

sunny said...

what a fun day! thanks for sharing it with us.

Mary said...

This all sounds like a wonderful day. I love to go to fairs, and love to see all the beautiful quilts. Thank you for sharing.

Melody said...

I haven't been to the Royal Show here in Melbourne for years but this post reminded me of how much fun they can be. You did all the fun things I remember. So glad you had a good time.

De said...

Looks like you had a great day! Were the strawberry icecreams as good this year?

Jeanette said...

Fun, fun, fun. We are off to the show tomorrow. I know not a great idea on show day but it was the only time that suited all of us. I can't wait to get a strawberry icecream. Yumm!!!!. Hugs,

Tatkis said...

We went there at Sunday :)) it was soooooo fun and cool!
We tried some wines and food, and saw little chickens and duckies :)
But we weren't strong enough to spend there all day, so missed a firework!
May be next time (and tomorrow it's a holiday ;) )
Hugs,
Tatyana

Jo in TAS said...

I love the Ekka and all the noises of sideshow alley, the smells around the farm animals, all the fresh produce displays, showbags, dagwood dogs. Remember the chinese exhibit with the little goldfish that just had to come home and of course woodchopping! Ah Memories!!

retdairyqueen said...

Pleased to hear you are a happy child

marina said...

Looks like you had a ball.
For me there would have had to be fairy floss to make it perfect lol.

73mw said...

What a great day out! That art quilt looks amazing, I'd love to see that up close and in person, so much detail. Made me smile to hear how happy you were at the end of the day. Magical memories :0)

Mum said...

Lovely blog, the miniature art quilt is exquisite, so sorry I couldn't be with you to share the day, also loved the blog on Annette's dolls, shame she has never made them again, guess that makes them even more special, hey. Love you heaps, & heaps.

Merilyn said...

Thanks for sharing your day at the Ekka! Good old fashioned fun!!! the best kind!

Dianne said...

Glad you enjoyed the Ekka, Teresa. You had the perfect weather for it. Your pictures and story make me want to go again. Maybe when our little grand daughter is a bit older we will venture there again!