Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Tuesdays Treasures

Last week for Tuesdays Treasures with Melody I showed you a little doll that my sister made for me. This week I want to show you this little treasure that belongs to my Mum.
I had forgotten that my sister had also made my Mum a Topsy Turvy doll. After seeing my post last week, Mum had these gorgeous little dolls out to show me... all of them handmade by my sister.Mum's little doll is different to mine and has so many cute little details. The "happy" doll is holding a lovely little portrait of her beloved John. She even has tiny little pearls around her neck.But the "sad" little doll is just heart breaking! On her skirt lies the opened envelope that says "To Mary". She has tears embroidered down her face.The letter she's holding says...
"Mary,
I love thee
no more.
John"
She's even holding a little lace hanky!
How sad is that?
My Mum also has this wonderful little group of Indian dolls that my sister made for her. There are so many minute details. Even a little baby!
This one has lovely little beads and feathers in her hair. The lovely clothing, blankets and even the food all made by hand. All the fabrics my sister has used were fabric samples from my Dad's furniture business.
I just love them.
Hope you enjoyed my Mums treasures today.. I'm off to see who else is sharing their treasures!
Happy Tuesday!

13 comments:

Rebecka said...

What cute dolls! I love the sad Dear Mary doll. They are real treasures!!

Melody said...

What a delightful collection of dolls, talent certainly runs in your family. I agree the beautiful little Topsy Turvey doll with her letter and tears is heart breaking.
Thank you so much for sharing your treasures with us all.

Tatkis said...

Your sister is a real doll master, Teresa! They are so nice and each have it's own character!

Hugs,
Tatyana

Rochelle said...

Oh WOW! I don't know what more to say. These dolls are beautiful and such amazing detail.
The "Dear Mary" really is quite sad isn't she?
I can't help but notice how pretty your rings are, I bet they are real treasures too :-)

Fiona said...

The doll collection is just lovely.... so special..
Hugz

Marsha said...

How awesome the dolls are! Sister is very talented. Those dolls are treasures.

rosie said...

Wow Teresa,
Your sister is an incredible doll maker, with so much imagination.. Great treasures..

Dawn said...

How special are these Theresa...so precious.
Hugs Dawn x x x

Mistea said...

Lovely treasures your mum has - I love all these little dolls. Mary sure has lots of character.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Your sister is certainly a clever lady...I love them all. I am so sad for Mary and I am sorry that John was a rat....hope she finds a new love real soon.

Merilyn said...

Your sister has put in a lot of wonderful details into her work! I love the Topsy-turvy doll, very sweet and the little Indian dolls too, very creative!!!

rozhearts said...

Absolutly beautiful, certainly a wonderful treasure. I agree your sister too is very talented she must have loved dolls. The detail in each of her little creations is magical.
(((HUGS))) Roz.

Jantine said...

Those dolls are incredible. Real treasures!