Thursday, August 11, 2011

Teddy Bears Picnic

Today's the day the Teddy Bears have their Picnic!!!
I'm joining up once again with Melody and having a Teddy Bears Picnic today.
Joining me are some very special bears.........
This is Tria... you may remember her from an earlier post. This beautiful little bear was made for me by my wonderful friend Katrin and has traveled all the way over from Germany to be at the picnic today. Isn't she cute? She's going to love the picnic.
Also joining in today is Harry. A few years back I worked in a craft/quilting/haby/fabric shop where we also sold bear making supplies. Through that I met a lovely lady, Julie Reynolds. That same year Julie entered a beautiful bear she'd made in the Brisbane Bear show and her bear won First prize.
Well this little guy, Harry, is another one of her beautifully made bears and I just couldn't resist buying him. He looked so sad in his little scruffy clothes.
I love the way she has put so many details into this bear... right down to the holes in his feet!... stitches in his ears and down his tummy. I love him.
Also there today is a bear I made, many years back. He is a Teddyworks pattern and his name is Tootles.
This is what they're eating today... Mini oreo cookies... of course!!!
It was hard not to eat they myself!
It's a gorgeous day.. perfect for a picnic.
The bears are going to have fun.
(As you can see Katrin, Tria is fitting in very nicely!!!)
I wonder who else will be at the picnic today.
I'm off to Melodys to see...
Have a great day!

15 comments:

elliek said...

Your bear in the overalls looks like one I have and I think it was a teddyworks pattern. I love all your bears especially the threadbare bear.

sunny said...

Look at all those cuties! But what about the quilt they're modeling on? More info on that please.

Briar Rose said...

Teresa they are all wonderful Bears,but I would not be able to resist the sad eyes of the little scruffy fellow. I agree with Sunny their quilt is lovely, and could you send us down some sunshine PLEASE. cheers R.

Michelle Ridgway said...

A beautiful hug of bears on the picnic today Teresa. I adore Harry with his trousers held up with string and holey soles in his feet.
Tria looks like she is enjoying herself. I agree with Liz I made one similar and it was 'teddyworks'
Adorable!

Karen said...

These are a great collection of bears, Teresa. Love the expressions on their cute faces. And all are beautifully made.
Love the way your Tis The Season quilt turned out, too. Perfect for the coming Christmas.

Selina said...

I love the expression on Tootles' face! Love that little quilt they are sitting on too!

Melody said...

What a delightful post. Such beautiful bears on their lovely picnic quilt. Everything you do is a delight.

marina said...

they are all gorgeous but I think I like Harry the most. His face is adorable.

Carolyn said...

Love that Harry. His expression just makes me want to give him a big cuddle!

Cattinka said...

I knew Tria would be happy in her new home!
KATRIN W.

Tatkis said...

Lovely bear picnic! I'm sure they were so glad to have it :)

Hugs,
Tatyana

helbel19 said...

Such wonderful bears teresa, love them.

Helen

Mum said...

So adorable, love your post, your TTS quilt has turned out beautifully, you have been so busy.
Looking forward to a day together. Love you so much.

Merilyn said...

I love Tootles' overalls!!! Very cute little fellow!

rosie said...

Teresa, they are all absolutely gorgeous.. I do love Teddyworks bears...