Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Some Finishes to Show.....

I have finished my "Tis The Season" quilt by Natalie Bird. It's full of little Christmas stitcheries and gorgeous fabrics chosen by my favourite quilt shop owner Tess. I just love the fabrics in this quilt.
I made this quilt as part of a Stitch-Along group organised by Chookyblue. I am very grateful for the inspiration and support of all those involved for me to finish this quilt and enjoy the journey along the way (and before Christmas too!!! - I'm very impressed!) Thanks everyone... I really enjoyed making this quilt.
Earlier this week I saw this cute mug rug on the wonderful "Freebies for Crafters" blog. I really wanted to make it and I've used the lovely fabrics I won from Peg through Opam. It has a lovely little tea bag appliqued down the side. If you want to make it too, you will find the pattern link HERE.
I'm very happy with the way it turned out and it was nice and easy to make... I'm thinking they would make great stocking stuffers for Christmas, so hopefully there will be more to show soon....



20 comments:

Sheila said...

Love your mug rug , I like this better than the original actually . I also love your quilt , that is gorgeous , well done!

Fiona said...

The quilt is great Teresa.... well done with an early finish.... I also noted that mug rug... it is so cute and you have done such a great job with yours...
Hugz

rosie said...

Teresa, your quilt has turned out beautiful.. so nice to have a big finish.. I love the little mug rug too, must go and look that one up..
Take care.xx

retdairyqueen said...

GREAT QUILT AND THE MUG RUG IS LOVELY

Merilyn said...

Wonderful Chrissy quilt, it turned out beautifully!!! Love the Mug-rug too, very elegant with that gorgeous tall cup!!!!!

Jo in TAS said...

Great finishes Teresa! It's a cute mug rug too :-)

Marilyn said...

It is lovely to see the Tis the Season quilts progressing to the finished stage. I love the fabrics you have used, and the stitcheries are so beautiful.
Cute mug rug with gorgeous fabrics.

Mistea said...

Your quilt it is lovely - the Red is perfect.
That little tea rug it gorgeous - may just go check it out.

Maree: said...

Congrats on your TTS Finish it looks Lovely in those Fabrics..
I saw that Mug Rug Too love yours.
cheers

Tatkis said...

The quilt is fantastic! Just love it :)
And the mug rug is lovely - and perfect for your cup!
Congratulations!

Hugs,
Tatyana

KAYLEE said...

Tis the Season is so lovely Teresa. Cute little mug rug. Cheers Kaylee

De said...

Your TTS looks fantastic and the mug rug is so cute!

marina said...

Well done on your finish!
I love the mug rug. it's gorgeous.
love your tuesday treasure. She is just gorgeous.

Marg H said...

Congratulations on finishing your Tis the Season quilt. It was fun to make. Tess always comes up with the loveliest fabrics. Mug rug is cute. Would make a nice pressie!

Melody said...

How fabulous - I just blogged about this mug rug pattern too. I love your version.

Jenny said...

Oh I love it Teresa! I have been so enjoying watching you make each block and it just looks beautiful all finished! I bet you can't wait till Christmas ;)! And the mug rug is adorable! Will have to look up the tute!
Hope you are having a great week!
Hugs!
Jen xo

Chookyblue...... said...

your quilt is lovely Teresa.......my blocks are together now I need to to take some pics............thanks for being part of the TTS SAL..........

Khris said...

Looks great Teresa....very cute.
Hugs Khris

Rebecka said...

I love your Christmas quilt! And, your mug rug, how fun!

Bec said...

A Fantastic finish Teresa! Tis The Seasons looks so good in those fabrics.... Very cute mug rug too....