Friday, August 19, 2011

A New Sign, a New Project and a Recipe

I found this sign at a stall at the Ekka last week and fell in love with it.
I loved the saying, the way the sign is put together with all it's little 3D elements and that it has an Eiffel Tower and a butterfly on it. Sold... it came home with me!!!!
I have made a start on another project. This is a Faeries in My Garden pattern that I have had since last Christmas. It's a beautiful Christmas stocking, full of embroidery in pastel pink and cream threads, with a touch of gold. It has lace embellishments and beautiful snowflake charms to add to it. It matches the decorations I made last Christmas.
I have made a start on the toe of the boot....pink running thread, whipped with gold. My friend Helen is making this at the same time as me... I love it when she suggests making things at the same time as it really encourages me to keep going (even when there is sooooo much embroidery I start to wonder "What was I thinking!!!!!")
I love the show "The Block" and a couple of weeks ago they had a cooking challenge. The winning sisters made this delicious Chicken and Corn Chowder dish. It looked amazing and sounded like something we would love, so I googled the show and found the actual recipe.
You know it's a winner, when everyone goes back for a second helping and there are no left overs! If you want to try it too, go HERE for the recipe. It's lovely and quick!

So.... what are you up to this weekend?
I hope you get to spend some time doing what you love!
Have a great weekend!


11 comments:

marina said...

Gorgeous sign,how could you have left it behind.
Your new project looks very interesting... Hope you will show your progress.

Melody said...

Love the look of your new project - I think it's going to be fabulous.

retdairyqueen said...

I started my Christmas album

Chrissie said...

Your new project looks lovely, a true heirloom. I would love to know more about the pattern, if it is still available

Jantine said...

Lovely sign. Enjoy the stitching!

shez said...

great post Theresa

sunny said...

I love the sign and your stocking stitchery. I'm going to finish all my swaps this weekend. I got my inspiration just before I went to bed last night. Happy stitching!

Merilyn said...

Lovely embroidery project Teresa! Love the little snow crystal embellishments too!!! It'll be a cold, wet and miserable weekend as this low comes up the coast this weekend, so I think I hear the sewing room calling me, although I really wanted to do some gardening, oh well!!!!!

Selina said...

Love that little sign too! We're going all Frenchy at work, new catalogue coming out with all French inspired stuff, and we're getting Eiffel Towers as well! Love!

That stocking looks like it will be amazing when done, can't wait to see it!

xx

Michelle Ridgway said...

Love your new project Teresa..the snowflakes are gorgeous. I can see why you loved your little sign. A very true sentiment.
I am a V8 widow this weekend and have had lots of fun drawing. Still!

helbel19 said...

Great sign Teresa..... now get back to the stitching or else....

Helen