Wednesday, August 24, 2011

I'm Back....

I haven't been able to get to my computer for the last few days...I was one of the many unlucky people to get a good dose of the flu (well flu-like symptoms anyway!). Everyone I know seems to have it at the moment and I thought I'd managed to avoid getting it... No such luckl!!!
Now I am definitely on the mend and I really didn't want to miss my What Makes Me Happy post this week as it was very important....
So better late than never....
What Makes Me Happy 22.8.2011
This is my youngest ... ready for his schools Sports Carnival. Don't you just love his red Morph suit? He takes his Sports Promoter duties very seriously!!!!
This is Jacks 5th and final year of High School. Over the last 4 years he has achieved Age Champion for sports at his school. It's been his goal to achieve Age Champion for all 5 years.
Unfortunately though, 3 days before the start of the Carnival, Jack had his foot run over by the car (Yep!!!! I'm up for Worlds Worst Mother of the Year Award!!!)
No broken foot or toes, but a very swollen, bruised foot meant running, and jumping weren't going to be easy.
I have to say, this boy of mine put his whole heart and soul into the sports... running, high jumping and long jumping. He absolutely wrecked his foot the first day as he tried to run on the side of his foot that wasn't hurt and managed to get blisters on the good side!
On his last day of the carnival, I was called to the school to pick him up....
He was in a wheel chair, unable to walk or even take his shoe off. He had only managed to NOT compete in one event (high jump) and not finish the 100 m sprint. He did however compete in everything else.
I told him he deserved Age Champion on passion alone!!!! Overall he came first in the 1500 m, 800 m, 400 m, both relays, long jump, triple jump, shot put, discus, plus a second place in the 200 m.
On Monday I got a phone call from Jack, from school..... He received Age Champion. I don't know who was happier, but I am certainly very proud as well.
Now he has 2 days of District Sports Carnivals... we will have to see how he, and his foot, hold up.

Another thing making me happy this week.....
I'm so glad the Abominable Snowman costume arrived safe and sound and in time for James' Fancy Dress Party. How good is this??? I think it was the perfect costume for the snow! I'm hoping to see a photo of him snowboarding in it!!!

Hope something or someone is making you happy today!
I've spent the day with my Mum for her birthday and it was lovely.
Happy Birthday Mum!!! xxxx


12 comments:

shez said...

what a hero Jack is,well done Jack for achieving what you set out to do even though you were in pain,full marks.
OMG that costume is awesome,lol

Jantine said...

I am glad you are better! Your boys are amazing.

retdairyqueen said...

Well done Jack
We ran over my Dads foot once

helbel19 said...

Well done Jack and what a funny outfit for James. Glad to see you are back on deck Teresa, hope to see you next Tuesday.

Helen

Merilyn said...

That's certainly quite an achievement despite having a crook foot!!! Hope you are all recovering well now!!!!

Tatkis said...

Wow, your son is a Champion with capital C, endeed! Great work!
And costume looks so fun :)
Congratulations with your Mum's birthday!

Hugs,
Tatyana

Susan said...

What an effort - an enormous Congratulations to Jack!! Gosh Teresa I can only imagine how bad you felt!

Marilyn said...

Wow, Jack ! You did all that WITH a crook foot. Well done on an amazing effort, and you have every right to be so proud of him Teresa.
Hope we get to see a pic of the abominable snowman snowboarding too.

rozhearts said...

Hi Teresa, glad you are feeling better. That flu seems to be raging everywhere. Wow your youngest is a real trooper and looks like he is full of mischief. I love the Abominable Snowman outfit I think we are all hoping to see a photo of your son snowboarding... what a hoot.
(((HUGS))) Roz.

Fiona said...

Love the costume. Congratulations Jack - An amazing accomplishment. Fee X

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

So pleased you are on the mend...how good is your boy, well done.....and I love the costume...LOL

rosie said...

Hi Teresa,
Your Jack is incredible. He would have made a good pioneer with that sticking power!! Well done to him. The costume is incredible.. Hope you are feeling better now. I have had a week of enforced couch sitting too.. not sure what, blood tests tomorrow.. xx