Monday, July 18, 2011

What Makes me Happy 18.7.2011

Or should I say.....Ce qui me rend heureux?
On Saturday I went to the French Festival at Southbank, Brisbane.. What a fabulous day!! The weather was threatening to rain all day and I almost didn't go... boy am I glad I decided to make the trip in...
I have a wonderful friend, Virginia, who shares my passion and love for all things French. As she has moved away (about 3 1/2 hours drive from me now!!) I didn't think for one second that she would want to go to the Festival. LinkI was looking at a lovely stall, when I got the surprise of my life and there was my friend!!! She had made the trip down and was there on her own too. It was such a lovely surprise and turned the day from a good day to a FANTASTIC day!!!!Look at us playing up for a photo with some wonderful French Soldiers!
The stalls were amazing... so many lovely things to look at. This was the most beautiful stall full of wonderful smelling French and French imported soaps.
Another gorgeous stall with lots of French Provincial goodies!!!
Of course, we didn't miss out on any of the delicious French food either.. Some crème caramel for starters. We also had some wonderful french bread with ham and brie... sooooo good!
Then some lovely French sweets.....
We had such a great day... Virginia speaks French beautifully and got the chance to have a great, lengthy conversation with one of the stall holders. I could understand some of it....
I came home with lots of lovely photographs, postcards, stickers, brochures, magnets, bookmarks, French magazines....
The top 2 little boxes hold beautiful hand made soaps...
...and I couldn't resist this little bird!
Two of my lovely blogging friends really wanted to go to the Festival as well, but weren't able to..
Both told me to have some Macarons for them....
So Selina and Joy.... this photo is for you....
Thanks Virginia... for such a wonderful day and it was so good to catch up with you.
You can't beat fun days with best friends...
Hope you are all having a Happy Monday!!!
Joyeux lundi mes amis!!

19 comments:

Selina said...

Yay!!! I bet they were scrumptious too! I would have loved to have gone, this moving business has just completely worn me out though! Glad you had a great time!

xx

chrisartist said...

Oh wow. How fantastic.
What a great day.
Chris

shez said...

Theresa what a beautiful post i felt like i was in Paris,lol glad you had a great day.

Melody said...

This looks like fabulous fun. So glad you had a great time.

Jenny of Elefantz said...

What a wonderful day! Mouth watering, to!
Hugs,
Jenny
xx

Christine said...

how do you hear about these things, would have loved to have gone, glad you found your friend there

Christine

marina said...

what a great day! I can imagine how much you enjoyed the Frenchness! How fantastic that you met up with your friend. It was just meant to be.
Glad you hubbie came home in one piece, albeit a battered one. It's bad enough worrying about the 'little' boys let alone the 'big' ones.

Vicki said...

C'est formidable,Teresa! I miss my fresh croissants and pain aux raisins for breakfast - Weetbix might be better for you, but it certainly misses out on the flavour!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Wow you do go to some amazing events...looks like a good day, love all your treats...

Mistea said...

Lucky for me my dinner was ready before I opened this post otherwise I may have had sweets for dinner!
Yummy goodies and delicious looking food.
Sounds like a perfectly wonderful day.

Sheila said...

It really looks like a fun day , lots of interesting things to see and taste ;-0 and so nice you got to spend it with your friend .

retdairyqueen said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time
How lovely to have met up with your friend

73mw said...

What a great day and a fantastic festival and topped off by bumping into your friend - the cherry on the top of the cake I'd say :-)

Dianne said...

A lovely day out for you Teresa. Right up your alley. Glad you were able to spend such a lovely day with your friend. You got some nice French purchases. Di.

Tatkis said...

Your wouldn't believe, we were there too! And we just wanted to look at South Bank weekend market, and there was a French festival!
Of course going with husband is fun, but you can't go and look at some interesting things :))
But we had very tasty onion soup with baguette, croissants and yummy beef dish :)
Your buyings are lovely!

Hugs,
Tatyana

Michelle Ridgway said...

What a great day...all those pretty things. wonderful you got to share it with your friend afterall.

Merilyn said...

Looks like you had a wonderful day over at Southbank!!! I have been to the market at the top of Queen St, a couple of times and there is a French cake stall there that has those beautifully coloured/flavoured macaroons..... heavenly, just heavenly!!!!! I'll have to try and get back there on a Wednesday again soon!!!!!

Mary said...

This sounds like such a wonderful day! It is always fun to meet a friend.Everything looks so nice!

Jenny said...

oo-la-la!!! Lucky you!! Gaah! I love all things french!!!
Hugs
jen xoxo