Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Tuesdays Treasures

Firstly, a big THANK YOU to all those lovely bloggers who hoped I would find my camera...
I FOUND IT!!!!!
Such a huge relief...
I swear some days I think I am losing my mind (or maybe it's my marbles!!)...
Secondly... Today is Tuesday and that means Melody is hosting Tuesdays Treasures again.
Today I wanted to show you this.....On my Mums travels around Australia, she has been to some very remote, outback Australian towns. When she was in Western Australia she visited the small town of Coolgardie. She found a man there who was selling old and unusual things he'd found while he was prospecting. As soon as she saw this beautiful, porcelain dolls head.. she knew I would love it.
It is at least 100 years old.If you look closely enough... you can still see her dainty eyelashes painted on.
I've taken this photo so you can see how small she is and also the black marks on her face where she's been through a fire.
I love her... She makes me wonder what she looked like when she was new....
I wonder who she belonged to and what happened to her owner...I wonder about the fire and what happened to her that left her buried for years and years...
If only she could talk....
Now to see who else is playing along today... I'm off to Melodys to see.
Happy Tuesday everyone!

8 comments:

Diann said...

I'm so glad you found you camera, Teresa! I love your little dolly. I also have some treasures that I wonder about their past life. I have an old Singer sewing machine (long story) and I found a very long white hair in its base. I immediately got a picture of a sweet elderly lady with long white hair in a bun who had prized the machine and I've always hoped that she knows it has gone to a loving home. I think of her often.

shez said...

so glad you found your camera,and if only she could tell her story,hey.

Merilyn said...

What an amazing find out there in the outback! Have you got any plans for her, or are you just going to keep her as she is?
Glad you found your camera!!!!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Oh she is lovely......

Marg H said...

wow! Simply amazing to have such a treasure. Yes, wouldn't it be wonderful to hear her story. But the imagining is lovely, too.

Dianne said...

This little doll's head is truly a treasure. Oh to hear the story behind her. I am sure she could tell a very interesting story. It is good news about your camera Teresa. Di.

Michelle Ridgway said...

When you find your marbles mine are probably with them!! So glad you found your camera. What an interesting find by your Mum. I bet that little dolly could tell a tale or two about what happened to her.Great post.

Rebecka said...

Teresa thanks for sharing. What a treasure. Wow, can't believe how tiny the doll head is. Beautiful.