Monday, June 20, 2011

What Makes Me Happy 20.6,11

Well I am finding it very difficult today to have something happy to share!!!
First time in 18 months of Happy Monday posts!!!
Today my eldest son left for work in Perisher (Snow fields in NSW) for 4 months. I am going to miss him terribly.
I am worried too about him driving the 16 hours to get there. I am really looking forward to hearing from him tonight when he gets to his Aunts house after driving nearly 11 hours today. Then he will drive the rest of the way tomorrow.
Although I am going to miss him and worry about him....
I have to be happy for the chance he is getting to work in such a fun, exciting place. This is something he has wanted to do for ages and missed out on last year. He was quick with his resume this year, and got the job.
I am also very grateful for the wonderful past 3 days as he came home and I was able to spend that time with him, packing and preparing for his trip. It was really lovely to have that time together, busy as we were. Talking, laughing, organising so many things, crossing off all those things on his To Do List, finding warm clothes, cooking up a storm in the kitchen, sitting up late chatting, listening to our favourite music.....
I can't wait to catch up with him again and I hope it's SOON!!!
Stay safe James....
enjoy every second!!!!
I love you xxxxxxxxxxxx

Hope you are having a Happy Monday!!! (Sniff, Sniff!!!)

16 comments:

Melody said...

I'm sure he will have the BEST time ever, but you are so right - we never stop worrying about our children

rosie said...

Sometimes it is the hardest thing being a mum isn't it... I was like that when my daughter had to drive down to Melbourne and stay for a week six times last year....and she was fine.... It is ok to worry, it's part of being a mum.xxx

Sue W ♥ said...

yes drive safely James and don't worry Mum, 6 months is going to fly

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

You never get use to them being away...thank goodness for mobiles and there is always skype...sending you a big hug...

Selina said...

Ohh Teresa, thinking of you. Maybe we should go have a coffee and a heap of chocolate, that might take the edge off. You know he is going to have an absolute ball and 4 months will go in no time.

xx

marina said...

At least this time he is in the same country. He is really having a wonderful time travelling and adventuring.
Hope that phone call comes soon so you can sleep easily tonight.

Wendy B said...

Aaawwwww Sweety, I am sooo with you! Can relate and it DOES get better...we both know it! What a beautiful relationship you both have.....just precious!
Hope that phone call comes soon!
love and sugary comforting hugs
XXX Wendy :O)

Sheila said...

I know exactly how you feel , having three sons who all left home I found it very difficult and still miss them terribly .All the best to James in his new adventure I know the experience will be wonderful.

Chartreuse Moose said...

Happy, happy Monday! It sounds like having such a wonderful son is reason enough to feel blessed this Monday morning! Big hugs to mom, congrats to son...and safe trip to the north!

Marilyn said...

Hope James has a wonderful safe trip down there, and has the absolutely best adventure ever.
This sure is one of the hard things about being Mum, but you can be so proud of your two boys, and proud of the way you have taught them so wonderfully about what is important in the world around them.

Mum said...

I knew you would struggle doing a "Happy Post" today, I feel your pain & anxiety, be happy for the wonderful job you have done in making him independent, fun loving, compassionate, & fulfilling his dream of going to Perisher. Love you so much. Mum

Michelle Ridgway said...

Even though this is exactly what we hope we can raise them successfully to do, it's so hard when they actually do it. Hope he has a wonderful time and you get your much anticipated phone call so you can breathe again.
Blessings Michelle x

BubzRugz said...

It's such a bugger that we spend so many years of our life raising these independant responsible children then they bloody well go and prove what a great job we have done!!
Thinking of you love....
Hugz

Merilyn said...

He'll have a ball in the snow!!!! And he'll be back before you know it Teresa!!!! It's about trusting all the good stuff you taught him, even though it is hard to do!!!!

20eleven20 said...

You HAVE to come see me soon to swap cars.
I am having the best time so far, I miss you.

Jenny said...

I am not sure why this post didn't show up for me last week in my blogger, but I am sorry I missed it Teresa. It is so very easy to see what a dedicated and wonderful mum you are to your boys and I can understand how much you will miss James.. Oh dear though, we can't help but worry about them can we.. I am sending big hugs and kisses your way sweet lady!
Mwah!!
Hugs
Jen xoxo