Monday, June 13, 2011

What Makes Me Happy 13.6.2011

What's making me happy this week.....
You know those unplanned days... those times when you have nothing organised or sorted out... but the day turns into one of the best days you've ever had???
That's what is making me happy, and that's what happened last Friday.
James is heading off to the snow for 3 to 4 months at the end of this week...
So time together is very precious.
When he phoned last week and said "let's do something"...
I grabbed my car keys!!!!
First we walked down to Southbank. This time we went to the Maritime Museum end of Southbank, and I haven't been there for ages. This is the dry dock. Last January, in the floods, this dry dock flooded and there were very grave fears that the red ship at the front would float away down the Brisbane river. Can you imagine the damage that ship would have done when it hit the bridge? They had to sink it so that wouldn't happen. It has crushed it's stands underneath and that's the way it has stayed since then.
Looking down we could also see Jessica Watson's famous boat Ella's Pink Lady. It is going to be a permanent exhibit at the Museum.
James and I have free Burrito vouchers for a new restaurant opening at Southbank and we thought we would check it out and see if it was open yet. It sure was and if you ever get the chance to try a burrito from the Cactus Republic...do it!!! They are delicious.
Although, I was more in love with their tables! Gorgeous tiles.
By now it was getting dark and of course.... Friday Markets!!! yeah!!!!
We then walked past the Imax theatre and decided to go to the movies....
The Hangover 2 was just starting... so 2 minutes later we were watching the movie.
Why is it so cheap at the Imax theatre?? It only costs $6.50 to go there, and double that at our nearest movie theatre. Not complaining of course.....
We were going to go to Max Brenner's for desert after the movie.... but the queue was out the door. My original post today, was actually going to be about Max Brenner. I have only just discovered this "desert restaurant"...(why hadn't anyone told me about this place before????) and I am in love with it. Earlier this month, the boys and I met up with some friends here and had the yummiest chocolate pizza's, waffles and crepes.... so good.
This place also has one of the best gift shops where they sell their fondue sets, hug mugs and glasses, plus lots of hand made chocolates and baskets, tins and boxes to put them all in.
Just look at some of their lovely handmade chocolates....
Makes a lovely gift for someone....
Anyway, as the queue was sooooooo long... James and I did some shopping in the gift shop...
I bought a hug mug for me (James already has one) and some European dark chocolate drink mix and we're off to James place to make our own hot chocolate drinks! The tube of chocolate crisps are for Jack when I get home.These hug mugs are fantastic... They keep your hands warm while you drink the hot chocolate, which keeps your insides warm!
James has written an article for an online magazine and it has just been published. I was able to read his second article that he has written and it's wonderful. He also pulled out the guitar and sung me 2 songs that he's written. He's such an inspiration, this kid. I am sure going to miss him when he goes to the snow. Thank goodness for emails, texts, facebook, telephones, skype... you get the idea!
It was hard to leave and drive the hour long drive home after having such a wonderful day (and night). Luckily I have Adele's new CD to listen to on the way. This is something else that's making me happy... have you heard her sing? She has the most amazing voice.
Enough waffling and photos...
Hope you are all having a HAPPY MONDAY!


10 comments:

marina said...

sounds like a wonderful day spent with your big boy!
I hope the time passes before you can miss him too much.
Lovely pics.

Kerri said...

Its great to spend nice time with family. And great when its unplanned. Cherished moments. Love the dessert. You make me hungry. Cheers

Jenny said...

Oh what a fantastic day you had - great to see Jessica's yacht, what a brave young girl she is --- and those hug mugs are sooo cute! never seen them before but they are such a great idea, will have to look out for one!
Hugs to you Teresa!
jen xoxo

Melody said...

How fabulous, that you had such a wonderful day.

Merilyn said...

What a lovely day Teresa! I'll have to try and find that chocolate shop next time I'm in Brissy!!!

dogsmom said...

I wish my son would call and drag me off for a day. It has been a long time since we have gotten together. I am grateful he is working.
I was not aware of Hug Mugs either. I will have to find some close to home. I am a hot choclate addict.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Great day...and night! I am going to visit that chocolate shop. It looks fabulous. Congrats to James in his publishing venture. Well done!

Michelle Ridgway said...

P.S. Congrats on your win. We need Jodys breeze stopper here today.
Michelle X

Bec said...

What a fantastic outing with James; so interesting looking at the boats.... dessert looks very yummy! I have one of those Max Brenner bags but had no idea as to what the shop sold; someone gave us something in one once.
Your hair is looking lovely!

20eleven20 said...

I am going to miss you soooooooo MUCH