Thursday, June 2, 2011

Teddy Bears Picnic

A while back I shared this little teddy bear with you in one of my Tuesdays Treasures posts (here) She was a bear kit that my husband bought me for my birthday. Well there was another teddy kit in this birthday present and the other little bear I made was this one.......Link
He is a tiny little thing, only 5 inches high. As my husband is a keen fisherman and he was the one who bought me this teddy kit, I decided to make this little bear into a fisherman/bear.
I made him a little fishing rod out of a stick and a little wooden cotton reel became a fishing reel complete with fishing line.
I made and painted a little wooden fish to hang from the line. I guess he's bringing his fish along to share with the other teddies today at the picnic... I'd rather chocolate!!!!I'd almost forgotten this little bear as he sits inside my Blue Willow cabinet.......
Near the gravy jug, in the corner....
He will be very pleased to get out of there today and join the picnic!
I wonder who else is coming to Melody's picnic today???
Link
Hope you are having a great day!
Teresa xx

17 comments:

elliek said...

Hope he manages to catch some fish. He has a beautiful expression on his face.

Kerri said...

Very cute. My girls would love him.

Melody said...

Hi Teresa, he is so cute and I love the photos you have taken of him. Thank you so much for joining in the picnic today.

Mistea said...

He sure is a handsome little fisher bear. I guess bears do like fish.
I'm sure someone will bring chocolate to share today.
Hope he enjoys being out and about today.

Karen said...

I do love the idea of turning him into a fishing bear. What a lovely gift to receive him as a kit. He looks great!

Michelle Ridgway said...

Oh He is too cute with his fishing rod and little fish. I love his little home up amongst the willow china. He has the sweetest face and looks very proud of his catch.
Love his friend too....I haven't seen her before. Must have been before I caught this terrible blogging bug!
Michelle

Cattinka said...

All your Teddies are very beautiful. You got me trying to make one myself, but I am using my crochet hook for the bear.
KATRIN W.

Petal49 said...

He's very cute and you are very clever. I'm sure the other teddies would love some fish. Their larger cousins do well catching the salmon as it runs up stream each year to breed.

Sheila said...

Your little fisherman is sweet , love how you made the reel and fishing rod , you are talented bear maker .

Marilyn said...

Another beautiful and special bear. Love how you have turned him into a fisherbear.
I am sure he would be enjoying getting out and joining the picnic.

Jenny said...

love, love, love that little bear! what a cutie he is!
Jen xo

marina said...

you are so talented, having made all these bears. you fishing bear is just adorable

rosie said...

Theresa, they are all gorgeous. Love the little touches you have given them to individualise...

shez said...

how cute what a lovely post Theresa

Merilyn said...

Just love this little guy Teresa!!! You did a great job making him, he is a real treasure!!!

SharePoint Web Hosting said...

Lovely and beautiful!

handmade said...

great blog love vintage too !!!