Monday, May 9, 2011

What Makes Me Happy 9.5.2011

Mothers Day
Celebrating my Mum and celebrating being a Mum!
Being a Mum to these two makes me very happy. I love being a Mum and I cherish every second spent with my boys.
Sunday.... My Mothers Day......
First cup of coffee of the day in my new "french" coffee mug!
Taken out for lunch the day before, but today this one is off to work :(
Lovely presents and time with eldest son.....Kangaroo Point......
and kebabs for lunch.....
Evening ......back with youngest son and more precious time shared.....
.... and a new scarf!!!
Today... celebrating Mothers Day with my Mum.
Lunch at Cafe on the Park, Shorncliffe. This lovely cafe has been around since at least 1928, as we found a photo of it with that date. Back in those days, Shorncliffe was very popular as a seaside, holiday resort.
Absolutely yummy lunch..... pumpkin lasagne, beer battered fries and salad. Vegetable stack with avocado and blue cheese dressing. mmmm it was good!
A wonderful visit to Faeries in My Garden and we were VERY lucky to see Lesley's newest and latest quilt... I can't show you any more of it. She was so lovely to let us take this quick, sneaky pic of it. All I can say is ....IT'S BEAUTIFUL!!!!
I bought myself this gorgeous pattern and fabric for a cushion cover... I couldn't resist once I saw the fabric and fell in love with it.
I also bought another piece of "french" inspired fabric too.
What can I say.... I had no control.
The gorgeous French box was a gift from my Mum...
It was supposed to be her Mothers Day today, but she surprised me with a gift!!!
Beautiful presents, but to me the precious time spent with my boys and my Mum are the best gifts.
I hope you all had a wonderful Mothers Day.
Happy Monday!!!!

14 comments:

shez said...

What a wonderful weekend you had Theresa,cant beat time spent with love ones.

Dianne said...

Sounds like the best ever Mother's Day you had, Teresa. Your Mum looks so hip. VBG

Anita said...

Hi Teresa, Thanks for sharing your day with us, being a Mum is just the best thing!! I'm not sure how old your boys are, but tell me how do you get them to take photo's....mine run off!!! lol. Your day was so special, I'm so happy for you. Hugs, Anita.

Manoly said...

Feliz día de la madre Teresa, aquí en España fué el día 1 de Mayo, seguro lo pasasteis muy bien, felicidades por esos hijos que tienes.
Besos

marina said...

what a great day!
Sounds like you got to spend the weekend in the best possible way.
I love your French inspired items and that cushion is gorgeous.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Sounds like the perfect day....love all your prezzies.....you were spoilt...

Joy said...

What a fabulous weekend ... filled with all the right loving ingredients!!! Do love your Paris box ... very "you" ;o)!!
Love n hugs,
Joy :o)

retdairyqueen said...

So pleased you had a lovely Mothers Day and why not spoil yourself with fabric you love

Michelle Ridgway said...

What a lovely time you've had. Love all your goodies.

chrisartist said...

A lovely day Theresa.
You are a lucky girl.
Chrisartist

Lynda said...

What a great couple of days you've had.

Merilyn said...

Looks as though you had a wonderful Mother's Day!!!

Susan said...

what a lovely time you have had - and I love Cafe on the Park - so convenient to faeries - the two alwys go hand in hand for me!

Mum said...

Thankyou for a beautiful day. Love you so much. Mum xxxx