Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Tuesdays Treasures & a Surprise Visit

Today, for my treasure, I thought I would love to show you this little bag of mine. It has to be at least 30 years old, and even I'm surprised at how well it has lasted. My Grandmother bought it for me from one of her trips to Greece when I was in my early teens. She traveled quite a bit, and she would always bring something special home from her travels for us kids.
The embroidery on it is perfect and I just love the colours. It is just big enough for your keys, phone and a small wallet!!!
I am off to Melody's to see who else is playing along today in Tuesdays Treasures.Link
Today was also stitching day with the girls. It was Laurels birthday today and she scored not one, but two cakes.... so we helped her eat them!
The highlight of today though, was a surprise visit from these two lovelies!!!!
None of us knew Lynda and Diann were "popping in" on us and it was a WONDERFUL surprise. They even brought their stitching along to join us for the day.

Oh it was so good to see you today and to catch up. I'm still smiling!
Now I must skip over to Melodys and try and catch up with reading everyone's blogs and replying to my emails!!! Where does the time go and how come I am always trying to catch up???
Hope you have all had a great day!

15 comments:

EL RINCON DE CHELO said...

Que bonito bolso y que reunión tan agradable, besos
Chelo

marina said...

what a beautiful treasure, it is just gorgeous.
Looks like fun at your sewing group!

Deb said...

Teresa, what beautiful taste your grandmother has and what a wonderful gift for you. It is such a lovely wee purse, absolutely perfect.

BubzRugz said...

Awesome bag... and awesome friends... glad you had a wonderful day...
Hugz

Melody said...

This weeks treasure is absolutely beautiful, what a delightful bag. Looks like all the girls had a great time.

Petal49 said...

I love your bag, it's so beautiful and a lovely gifty from your grandmother.

Mistea said...

Grandmothers just knew how to pick things that you would love forever.
Gorgeous bag and looking very good for it's age.
Looks like you had lots of fun at your stitching group and cake too! Yum

Roseanne said...

what a lovely bag boy your gramdmother has lovely taste

Chookyblue...... said...

what a nice surprise..........the girls tuening up to sewing day.........I see a GJ on the wall in the shop..........Tess is doing hand stitching ......hope it was the GJ..........lol..........

rosie said...

Don't you just love grandma presents...It's beautiful.. Glad you could be with all your friends, looks like you are having a wonderful time..xx

Michelle Ridgway said...

Your bag is gorgeous with it's little blue bird....such lovely embroidery and a treasure from your Grandmother great that you still have it. I love all your photos with your friends....stitching together and catching up sure makes for a great day.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

What a wonderful surprise to have the girls turn up...love your treasure from your Nan...

Merilyn said...

What a lovely little bag Teresa!!! How lovely that you have kept it all these years! You obviously take good care of your precious things!!!

Tatkis said...

You had a great day!
But the bag - it's marvelous, so beautiful, so shining!

Best wishes,
Tatyana

Jenny said...

What a gorgeous bag Teresa! Gifts from Grandmothers hold such a special place for us don't they! ..your stitching friends look like a fun bunch, wish I could join you all ;)!
Big hugs
Jen xoxo