Thursday, May 26, 2011

Teddy Bears Picnic

I am playing along with Melody again today and we are joining the picnic.
This weeks teddies going to the picnic are......
My first ever Panda.
My uncle gave me this little bear years ago and he is the reason I fell in love with teddy bears in the first place. It was quite a surprise to get a little bear for a birthday present as I was in my 30's... but I absolutely loved him... my uncle knows me well!!!
After I received him, I started collecting bears and then went to my first ever bear making class... the rest is history.
The other little bear is one I made in lemon and green mohair. He is meant to look like he's wearing a jumper and a little knitted scarf completes his winter wardrobe.
We're bringing some yummy rock cakes to the picnic and it is a glorious day here today!
Perfect for a picnic!!!
Have a great day

Teresa xx

10 comments:

Michelle Ridgway said...

2 little cuties...love pandy and his friend in his cosy warm scarf. I bet he is a favouite uncle if he wasn't already!

Mistea said...

Ooh your bears are beautiful, or should that be handsome young men.
What a thoughtful Uncle to give you a bear and set you off on a journey. Lovely guys - glad to see you had a lovely day.

Briar Rose said...

Both little bears are adorable, I'm glad you had a lovely day for the picnic, it was still cold in Melbourne, the little fellow would have been glad of his scarf. Cheers R. P/S what a good Uncle you have.

Melody said...

I love rock cakes but I love your little panda and teddy even more. Thank you so much for coming on the picnic. I love seeing your gorgeous bears.

Karen said...

Both are delightful. I do like the story behind your panda. It is lovely when there are special memories attached. I like the way your bear is made in the two colours. That is very effective. Lovely face, too.

Cattinka said...

Hi Teresa,
two more lovely bears today! We have a panda that looks just like yours, it
was a present for one of my boys years ago.
KATRIN W.

Vicki said...

Cold and extremely wet here today in London - we've been in Suffolk and only got a very quick thunderstorm, but there are big pools of water lying around on the Common as we came home tonight. No picnics in the park here :)

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Looks like a good picnic...the bears are gorgeous...

Val said...

I Love your little teddies. The mohair fellow is very cute. The rock cakes look pretty good too.

chrisartist said...

Lovely teddies. How cute.
Chrisartist