Monday, April 4, 2011

What Makes me Happy 4/4/2011

Making me happy this week is family get-togethers and in particular, barbecues! You can't beat one of my mum's barbecue lunches. (In fact you can't beat my Mums cooking ever!!) This weekend we drove to visit Mum and have some lunch. It was wonderful (as always).
Frank doing a great job with the chicken skewers!
It was delicious!
Sitting under the gorgeous trees in my Nana's back yard having lunch.... something we've done since I was 5 years old!
Jack didn't make it to lunch as he was sick and stayed home... His Granny Lee made sure he didn't miss out and sent us home with his lunch all packaged up!!!
Another thing making me happy this week is being "Jacks Mum"...
Last Friday Jacks volleyball team made it to the Grand Final where they played the Schools Sports Teachers team. They have only ever beaten them once before.
Jack asked me to come and watch the game and even though I knew I would probably be the only mum there, I didn't want to miss this!
What I didn't know, was that the morning of the game, Jack went on Parade and told the school that his mum would be there to watch the game and for every one to come up and say "Hi".
He had also made me a shirt to wear for the game.....
It said ..... "Jacks Mum"!!!!!!!!!
So much for slipping into the school without being noticed! I'd made a considerable effort to wear something very inconspicuous... not 5 minutes later I was in bright blue "screaming" just who I was!!!!
The game was the best they have ever played and they beat the teachers 68 to 51. They played solidly for 40 minutes and it was a fantastic game. I am so glad I came!
After the game I had my photo taken with Jack and the trophy!
They insisted I had my pic taken with the team too!!! What a wonderful group of kids and they made me feel so much a part of the whole game... it was very special! The sports teachers of this school go above and beyond teaching these kids. They gave up there lunch hour and they give up their afternoons every day of the week to spend time with the kids and promote sport and healthy living to them. It was wonderful to be a part of this terrific group!
Once I got over the embarrassment.... I had a ball! It was hard not to!
Happy Monday!

11 comments:

Melody said...

Hi Teresa,
They do look like a fantastic bunch of kids. Glad you had such a great time at both outings.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

What an awesome Mum you are...love this story....

BubzRugz said...

You seem to be a very special mum and a very special daughter....
Hugz

Bev C said...

Fun post this week, congrats to the team. Love your new shirt too.
Happy Monday.
Bev.xoxo

Val said...

Jack must be a very special son. No wonder he makes you happy and your barbecue looks like a lot of fun too. I love those little egg halves :)

Jantine said...

That must have been a shock, being recognized like you were when not expected. But I can see you didn't mind once you were over your shock! He deserved the encouragement!

Mum said...

We had a lovely day too,wish I could see you every day. You are a wonderful Mother, that's why you have two amazing sons, who love you very much, Jack really showed you this time, hey. Love Mum

Merilyn said...

Lovely post Teresa!!! What a thrill it must have been to see Jack and his team win!!!

MichelleW said...

Love this post :0)

rozhearts said...

Families are always a treasure to behold and keep close. A wonderful post.
(((HUGS))) Roz.

Dianne said...

You can't beat a barbie lunch. Your Jack is truly an amazing young man. You deserve to be very proud of the way he has grown up. He loves his Mum!