Monday, April 25, 2011

What Makes me Happy 25/4/2011

ANZAC DAY
It was wonderful to make the trip into the city today for Anzac Day. It always astounds me the number of people who come in for the parade and who take the time to remember our soldiers.


After the morning parade and visits to the Anzac memorials, we walked back over the Brisbane River to the Gallery of Modern Art (GOMA) and spent the rest of the day enjoying the exhibition - Art in the 21st Century.
I'm very happy to have made it there today as my youngest son hasn't been and it finishes tomorrow. I loved it the first time I went with my eldest son and I really didn't want Jack to miss out.
It was so much fun!The wish ribbons were a hit!
Mine today said "I wish to be happy".... perfect!
Beautiful photos and postcards.....
to send home to ourselves!
Then we walked over to Southbank where they are preparing for Buddha's birthday next weekend. There were hundreds and hundreds of red paper lanterns.
Another great day, exhausting but wonderful - I just love our beautiful city.
"A child that goes to bed, tired from play.... is a happy child" - that goes for adults too!!!!
Hope you have all had a Happy Monday!

11 comments:

shez said...

lovely post Theresa

Merilyn said...

Yes Teresa, I noticed the red lanterns too when I had my quick whirlwind visit to Brissy last week, wondered what the lanterns were for....thankyou for clearing that up for me LOL!!!! It IS a beautiful city, I have a special place in my heart for Brisbane! it was my first Aussie home so to speak when I can to Aust. it always feels like home to me! I have lived and worked there a lot over the years and I never get tired of it, if I had to live in a city it would be Brisbane!!!
Lovely pics of the Anzac commemoration!

Jenny said...

Beautiful photos Teresa! I have missed you locked myself off my blog for a bit (silly me!)but I am finally back on- hope you had a wonderful Easter and equally wonderful Anzac Day.
Lest we forget.
Warmest Hugs
Jen

marina said...

Always love seeing your pics of your neck of the woods.
Looks like you had a great day.

Cardygirl said...

Great pics...nice to see Brisbane is recovering as it is a lovely city.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Lovely photos Teresa. Makes me glad I live in Brissy. Also love the elephant sculpture. Sounds like you had a full on fun day

Jo in TAS said...

I love your Brissie photos, Brissie has grown so much since I have left. I've watched many an ANZAC parade in Brisbane, Hobart's parade doesn't have the same impact on me.

Roseanne said...

Look like you had a great doay out. Love the idea of the wishing ribbons.

Bev C said...

Hello Teresa,

Love that elephant and a great idea with the wish ribbons.
Thanks for sharing your part of the world.
Happy days.
Bev.xoxo

Jeanette said...

Looks like you all had a fabulous day. Wish i'd made it into GOMA before the exhibit closed. oh well. :( Hugs,

Dianne said...

What a beautiful post Teresa, and your photography is wonderful. You do have some wonderful time with your boys and I am sure they appreciate it.