Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Tuesdays Treasures

This weeks Treasure came from my wonderful Grandmother. My Gran passed away just over 10 years ago and I miss her dearly. She was a beautiful person and a very generous soul - almost to a fault.
She loved to travel and I remember her going off to very exotic, fancy places when I was a kid. I really remember her trips to China and Egypt and Greece the most. She loved to travel so much and I think her love of it has passed down to my Mum, myself and my boys (especially James). In her later years she bought herself a very large Teddy bear and my boys called it GG (after her, being their Great Grandmother). This bear traveled with her everywhere and she loved it.
When she became very ill, most of the family came from all over Queensland to spend the day with her. I remember it well as it was my 38th birthday. She even managed to eat some of my birthday cake.
Just before the end of the day my Grandmother asked my Mum to get GG for her. She then gave me the bear and said she wanted me to have it for my birthday.
I love this bear so much and I remember how wonderful and amazing my Gran was every time I look at her.
My darling Gran passed away just 9 days later.
She always has a huge place in my heart and she will never know how much I miss her and love her.
(Sorry Mum... I know this will make you cry)
So there you are, this is my wonderful GG who I treasure very, very much.
I am heading over to Melody's to see everyone elses treasures that they are sharing today.
Thanks for stopping by.

23 comments:

BubzRugz said...

What a very special treasure....
Hugz

Merilyn said...

Is this where you get your love of bears? Thankyou Teresa for sharing this beautiful story!

Vicki ♥ said...

I love your bear and your Nan looked like a really lovely lady. You are lucky to have very fond memories of her Teresa and lots of hugs to you :) (((hugs))))
hugs Vicki xx

Jo in TAS said...

Oh Teresa you bought tears to my eyes. A beautiful treasure your Nan has left you.

shez said...

oh Teresa what a beautiful bear filled with special memories of your grandma,lovely story.

Fiona said...

A beautiful treasure from your gran Teresa. Youa re obviosuly very muchlike her hun. Such a sweetie.... Hugs - Fee XX

Maree: said...

What a Lovely Post...Thanks for Sharing...

Sheila said...

What a lovely story about your dear grandmother and her bear GG , it is wonderful that she passed on GG to you before she passed away and I can understand that it is a real treasure .Sheila

Val said...

What a wonderful gift from your grandmother. GG is a handsome bear :)

CJ Stitching and Blooms said...

Hello Teresa, What a very lovely GG you had in your life and what a very special gift she gave you in that treasured teddy. Your GG sounded like a very adventurous lady which is the best kind to be. VBG Hugs Judy

Cattinka said...

You did´t just make your mum cry....what a heart breaking story.
KATRIN W.

Mistea said...

GG is a special bear with lots of stories to share - Thanks for sharing this beautiful treasure.

Jodi said...

Okay, I can tell you that your mum is not the only one who cried! Wonderful story, wonderful memories - thanks for sharing!

Jane in Wales said...

I have got tears in my eyes too...What a sweet lady she was, and what a precious bear!!
Jane

MichelleW said...

A very special treasure and a beautiful post.

Jeanette said...

Don't know about your Mum but it brought tears to my eye. A wonderful story & a beautiful bear to treasure. Hugs,

Melody said...

What a beautiful story and a bear to really treasure. Thank you so much for sharing your teddy and your beautiful grandma with us.

Michelle Ridgway said...

GG is a special treasure as was your Nan. A very beautiful post and definetly needed a tissue or two. Thanks for sharing this very special story.
P'S Hope your head is feeling better.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Your bear is one true treasure, filled with so many treasures..

Mum said...

I can hardly type this as I am bawling my eyes out, I loved your post, & I miss my Mum so much. Thankyou my beautiful daughter. Love Always Mum

Dawn said...

such a sweet bear... so special of Gran to think of you and give you GG to love and hold and remember...
Big Hugs Dawn x x

Dianne said...

GG is truly a treasure. A lovely remembrance of your Gran and her thoughtfulness. Di.

Marilyn said...

Sure is one very much loved little GG. Thanks for sharing such a wonderful treasure.