Thursday, April 28, 2011

Teddy Bears Picnic

This week I am letting one of my fabric (not fur) teddys go to Melodys Picnic, and she is taking her friend (the "button head" doll) with her.
I originally made this teddy for a friend of mine and loved it so much, I decided to make one for myself. She's made out of a lovely damask fabric with roses all over it. Lots of lace and doileys are used on the body pieces as well.
She also has some lovely lace made into a collar and a gorgeous Cameo brooch that belonged to my Grandmother.
She sits on my dressing table and holds all my bangles on her arms (that is when she's not going out on picnics!!!)
My little "button head" doll is one that I made in Tereasa's shop a few years back when we used to get together each week and make dolls.
I just love her and out of all my dolls that I've made over the years, she is my absolute favourite. She is bringing along her own little teddy to the picnic.
Our photo shoot (he he) was taken at the shop today as I had to help out there for a couple of hours.... and luckily.... we found some chocolates in Tereasa's fridge! Woo hoo.... they're also going to the picnic.
I am off to see who else is coming to Melody's Teddy Bears Picnic.
I hope to see you there!
Have a great day!!

13 comments:

Fiona said...

I can see why she is your favourite - She's gorgeous - I bet helping out in the shop was a real chore - LOL

Hugs - Fee XX

Susan said...

You have so many teddies - and they are all gorgeous - and what a chore - to have to go and help at a quilt shop!! I couldn't afford to work in a quilt shop - I am sure I would get no pay at all.

Melody said...

Gorgeous little picnicers this week. No wonder you love them, they are delightful. Thanks for playing.

BubzRugz said...

Chocolate in a fabric shop??? Lovely Teddy ... the damask gives her a very classy look...
Hugz

Michelle Ridgway said...

I have always loved that button dolly pattern. Your little girl is lovely as is your damask teddy.
Chocolate and fabric now theres a winning combo.

Val said...

Your teddy is cute but I just love the button head doll.

shez said...

i love your doll she is beautiful

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Just so cute.....

Sheila said...

Your teddy and button head doll are just sweet and the cameo brooch is gorgeous and a great way to display your grandmothers jewelery .I'm sure they had a delightful time at the picnic.

Vicki ♥ said...

Love your teddies and dolls Teresa and your little button head doll is just so cute! I actually have this pattern and just havent got around to making it yet. After seeing yours I think I just might have to now! So cute :) hugs Vicki xx

Serenata said...

Oh they are both just gorgeous, and your doll is so different, I think she would be my favourite as well. How sweet she also brings her own teddy.

Mistea said...

Lovely to see these two friends at the picnic today. Love the damask and lace bear - perfect combination.
Dolly is sweet and glad she gets to bring her little friend as well.

manda said...

I love that rose bear! The fabric reminds me of my parents bedroom curtains!