Thursday, April 14, 2011

Teddy Bears Picnic

Today we're going on a Teddy Bears Picnic again with Melody. Last week I brought along my tiniest bear, so this week I've brought along "Sam" - my biggest handmade bear. I hope everyone gets here soon before he eats all the Tim Tams!
I made Sam quite a few years ago when my boys were small. He used to stand really well on his huge, solid legs, but after some rough, tough love from my sons, his legs give way on him much too often now. He also has a growler inside his tummy and it still works.
He is about 21 inches tall and I should have measured him around his middle as well, as it's quite impressive! I made him entirely by hand and I remember his head took me so long to stitch as it's so big.
Oh! he's all tuckered out from waiting... but as least he hasn't opened the biscuits!!!
Pop on over to Melody's blog and see who else is coming on the picnic today!

17 comments:

Melody said...

Sam is absolutely delightful. I love his big round tummy and his adorable friendly face. Thank you so much for bringing him on the picnic.

Briar Rose said...

Hi Teresa, his tummy looks like he has been at lots of other Tim tams in the past, but that is what a bear should look like, he is gorgeous.R

Fiona said...

LOL - I was going to say the same thing - I bet that's not his first packet - LOL

Hugs - Fee XX

Jeanette said...

He's a gorgeous bear & he's got my new favourite Tim Tams.:) Save some for me Sam. LOl. Hugs,

Quilt Kitty said...

Funny to see that while he is napping, Sam is not letting those Tim Tams get away. Are they mont Sam, haven't had those, oh well, shopping today can rectify that! Happy picnic. Tracee xx

KAYLEE said...

Sam looks so big and cuddly. Cheers Kaylee

Michelle Ridgway said...

Sam is so cute and I certainly wouldn't have been as good as he is being. The Tim Tams would have been torn asunder by now!!

Karen said...

Hi Teresa. Sam is adorable. I love the idea that he is so big and that he loves Tim Tams. What good taste. You are very patient to have made him by hand. Have a lovely picnic!

Mistea said...

I love that Sam has been much loved by your family - he sure has a lot of self control to have a nap before opening the TimTams.

elliek said...

Glad Sam waited for others to join in before eating all the Tim tams. He is a wonderful bear

Cattinka said...

How many more weeks can you go to the picnics with your bears? I am surprised each week to see how many beautiful bears you have made. I like tht tummy on this one, he is very loveable.
KATRIN W.

Merilyn said...

I've just checked my tape measure and 21" is a fair sized bear!!! He's a honey I have to say!!! You did a great job making him!!

Tess said...

Gorgeous bear, bring the Tims Tams on Tuesday...we'll eat 'em.

shez said...

how cute Teresa

Sheila said...

I love Sam , he is so plump and cuddly with such a sweet expression on his face , you are a talented bear maker !

Joy said...

Sam looks to me like he might have a Tim Tam problem - perhaps a visit to TT-A might be on the cards LOL.
What a gawjus bear he is ... I just want to give him the biggest cuddle!!! Gosh you're clever Teresa!!!!
Hugs,
Joy :o)

Mum said...

So cute, Sam does look like he has "attitude" in the standing pose, but still adorable, you will have to take Claire next week, she tells me she doesn't go out much. Love Mum