Thursday, April 7, 2011

Teddy Bears Picnic

Playing along with Melody again today... this is who is going along to the picnic! This is "Walter" and he is the tiniest bear I have made. He is only 4 inches high and is made of mohair.
You can see how small he is when he sits next to my thimble.
I remember when I made him just how small his ears were and how fiddly they were to sew to his head. He stands really well and has his hands clasped behind his back - he looks like he's about to make a long-winded speech!!! He has a lovely black velvet ribbon and gold bell around his neck... quite debonair!
We're bringing along some blueberries for the picnic too!
I'm off to see who else is coming to the picnic today... Thanks again Melody for inviting us!!!
(I really should be quilting my friends baby quilt!!!)
Oh and guess who's going to the airport tomorrow to pick up her son????
Woo Hoo... I'm so excited and he's had such a wonderful holiday.....
can't wait to see the photos and hear all the stories!
Have a wonderful day!

11 comments:

shez said...

what a lovely post Teresa,Walter is a handsome bear.Happy times with your boy,have fun looking at pics and listening to stories,have a good day.

Quilt Kitty said...

Walter looks like a considerably fine gentleman! He will add a bit of refinement to todays picnic, unlike my lads! Tracee xx

sunny said...

Love at first sight! I'm totally in love with Walter!!!!! Can he come live with me?

KAYLEE said...

Walter is so cuute Teresa, my Pop's name was Oliver Walter and his Father (my Great Grandfather) was Walter Oliver. He must have been very fiddly to make. Cheers Kaylee

Michelle Ridgway said...

I am totally in love with Walter. He is Mr Cuteness. He must have been quite a challenge to stitch. You did such a fabulous job with him. LOVE HIM!!!

Scottish Nanna said...

I love Walter he is so cute you are clever he must have been hard to make being so small.
Hugs Mary.

elliek said...

Walter is my kind of bear! Isn't it nice when the chickies come home. My son had a flying visit last weekend but he insisted on going away again.

Cattinka said...

You surprise me every week. You even can make these tiny bears, I am really impressed.
You almost got your son back now, I bet he has a lot to tell about his big trip. Enjoy listening to him.
KATRIN W.

Mistea said...

So happy to meet Walter today - what a little heart breaker.
Thanks for bringing blueberries - my favourite.

Sheila said...

Walter is indeed a handsome young dude ,a fine bear and so tiny , you did an amazing job of making him.

Melody said...

Walter is just adorable. You are a fabulous bear maker. Thank you so much for coming on the picnic.