Monday, March 7, 2011

What Makes me Happy 7/3/2011

Saturday's picnic with the Gumnut Girls truly was the most fun picnic I have ever been on. I can't remember the last time I laughed so much, and the company was just magic.
This is a photo of me holding "Jenny" with the gorgeous Gumnut girls.
Even the windy, threatening-to-rain weather couldn't spoil the fun. The food was wonderful, but I didn't eat much of it as I was having way too much fun meeting everyone and putting a face to the many lovely people I have "met" in blogland.
Wonderful Joy.... finally meeting up with you after all those emails! Thank you so much for bringing the girls here to Brisbane, where we could have this get-together.
Gorgeous Dawn.... you are so much fun (I think you and I could get ourselves into a heap of trouble!!!)... and where did we get those things sprouting out of the top of our heads????
My wonderful partner in crime, Helen, who drove us all the way out to the picnic (Thank you.... thank you... thank you....) with the lovely Vicki. I met Vicki in Melbourne and we just "clicked"... it was so good to see you again.
Naughty (but having the time of her life) "Jenny" into the Tim Tams!!!!
And beautiful Fee... I feel we've been friends for years! Boy am I looking forward to next March!
This lovely blogging friend is Marilyn, who I have "known" through blogging since I first started, nearly 2 years ago.
I wish I had taken more photos, as I met a lot of ladies for the first time and also caught up with a few others I haven't seen for a while.
This little cupcake of fabric was a gift to us from Fee. How cute is this... it's too lovely to open up and use!
Every time I look at this group photo, the wonderful memories of the day come flooding back. It really was the BEST day and it was very hard to get in the car after lunch and leave after all that fun and laughter.....
What a super bunch of women...
Happy Monday!!!!

21 comments:

retdairyqueen said...

Iam so envious
Sounds like you had such fun

Dawn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dawn said...

Oh yes we could get up to lots of mischeief..I had the best day and was thrilled that your partner in crime dragged you along too...LOL..it was so nice to meet you my friend..
Hugs Dawn x x x

marina said...

Looks like a wonderful day! Lucky you.

KAYLEE said...

Hi Teresa, I am bursting with excitement (and I wasn't even there) after reading your BLOG, sounds like you had the most wonderful time :-) Cheers Kaylee

BubzRugz said...

I would love to have come... not everything works out does it? So many have commented on what a wonderful person you are... I do hope we meet one day...
Hugz

Jan said...

Hi Teresa: What fun to meet all these lovely ladies - I'm SO jealous - but I'm looking forward to meeting Fee, and Jo from our FIS group at the end of the month at a stitching day in Hobart.

Roseanne said...

Hi Teresa look like you had a ball and fee is such a Sweet lovely lady. I love This little cupcake of fabric that fee makes up.

Mum said...

G'day Darlin, so good to have time together yesterday. I have spent hours reading your blogs back to Dec. 20th 2010 Week 51, I love them so much, but I should start dinner now. Love Always Mum

Vicki said...

What a fantastic time you must have had! Way to go, girls!!!!!!!!!

Cattinka said...

I am glad you had such a nice time, everybody looks so happy in the pictures.
KATRIN W.

Melody said...

It sounds fabulous, glad you had fun

Marilyn said...

Isnt it fun reliving the day as we read the different blogs. I see we both "found" a group photo. lol.
Hope James is having a wonderful time exploring China. My son went there a few years ago (He is in the Navy and his ship visited there). He went on a tour of different places in the short amount of free time he had there.

Fiona said...

You are such a doll !! It was a wonderful day and I am so glad we finally got to meet - You don't know how much I am looking forward to having you here in march - I will show you some of my treasure haunts.

Hugs - Fee XX

Joy said...

Wasn't it fun to finally meet person to person!!! The picnic was super fun - and I can't wait to get together again Teresa, we'll explore those shops I was telling you about ;o).
Love n hugs,
Joy :o)

Vicki ♥ said...

It was soooo good to see you again my sweet friend :) It was a Ab Fab day and I loved every minute of it and was such a buzz to meet everyone :)
Have fun with Joy soon and give her a hug from me and ask her to give you a hug from me too please :) Thanks for coming along and making it a special day and was great to meet Helen finally too :) hugs Vicki...xxxx

Jeanette said...

It was a great day wasn't it? So nice to have finally met you as well. Hugs,

*karendianne. said...

Well now - this is making me extra happy! Gumnut girls. How special. Very very fun. Perfect timing in your life, too!!!!!!

Sheila said...

I sure would have loved to have been there to meet all you gals , it seems like you had a grand time , all those smiles tell a lot !hugs Sheila

Chookyblue...... said...

what a great day out.........just like catching up with old friends isn't it...........

Merilyn said...

How wonderful Teresa to have organised such a great get-together, you all look as if you enjoyed yourselves! One of the benefits of blogging, making so many new like-minded friendships!!!